2024 ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒUS Presidential Election!

Trump: โ€˜I Need the Kind of Generals That Hitler Hadโ€™

A desire to force U.S. military leaders to be obedient to him and not the Constitution is one of the constant themes of Trumpโ€™s military-related discourse.

In their book, The Divider: Trump in the White House, Peter Baker and Susan Glasser reported that Trump asked John Kelly, his chief of staff at the time, โ€œWhy canโ€™t you be like the German generals?โ€ Trump, at various points, had grown frustrated with military officials he deemed disloyal and disobedient. (Throughout the course of his presidency, Trump referred to flag officers as โ€œmy generals.โ€) According to Baker and Glasser, Kelly explained to Trump that German generals โ€œtried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off.โ€ This correction did not move Trump to reconsider his view: โ€œNo, no, no, they were totally loyal to him,โ€ the president responded.

[ ... ]
According to attendees, and to contemporaneous notes of the meeting taken by a participant, an aide answered: Yes, we received a bill; the funeral cost $60,000.

Trump became angry. โ€œIt doesnโ€™t cost 60,000 bucks to bury a fucking Mexican!โ€ He turned to his chief of staff, Mark Meadows, and issued an order: โ€œDonโ€™t pay it!โ€ Later that day, he was still agitated. โ€œCan you believe it?โ€ he said, according to a witness. โ€œFucking people, trying to rip me off.โ€

DalsanJubiland

HartilandWaamoJoore
Trump: โ€˜I Need the Kind of Generals That Hitler Hadโ€™

A desire to force U.S. military leaders to be obedient to him and not the Constitution is one of the constant themes of Trumpโ€™s military-related discourse.

In their book, The Divider: Trump in the White House, Peter Baker and Susan Glasser reported that Trump asked John Kelly, his chief of staff at the time, โ€œWhy canโ€™t you be like the German generals?โ€ Trump, at various points, had grown frustrated with military officials he deemed disloyal and disobedient. (Throughout the course of his presidency, Trump referred to flag officers as โ€œmy generals.โ€) According to Baker and Glasser, Kelly explained to Trump that German generals โ€œtried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off.โ€ This correction did not move Trump to reconsider his view: โ€œNo, no, no, they were totally loyal to him,โ€ the president responded.

[ ... ]
According to attendees, and to contemporaneous notes of the meeting taken by a participant, an aide answered: Yes, we received a bill; the funeral cost $60,000.

Trump became angry. โ€œIt doesnโ€™t cost 60,000 bucks to bury a fucking Mexican!โ€ He turned to his chief of staff, Mark Meadows, and issued an order: โ€œDonโ€™t pay it!โ€ Later that day, he was still agitated. โ€œCan you believe it?โ€ he said, according to a witness. โ€œFucking people, trying to rip me off.โ€

I am voting on Halloween on 10/31
We have early voting here Virginia
Harris will win Virginia

1729985630451.png

Trending

Latest posts