39 year old Somali-American places 3rd at NYC Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
In Third, Abdi Abdirahman is Top American Man at New York City Marathon
After missing the Olympic Marathon Trials due to injury in February, the four-time Olympian rebounds with a bold performance.

Today, Abdirahman, 39 years and 10 months old, reached the podium and ran 2:11:23. “Age is just a number to me,” said Abdirahman. “I believe you can do anything you put your mind to. Actually, my age might have been an advantage, because I’ve been around so long, and knew the course.”

http://www.runnersworld.com/new-yor...is-top-american-man-at-new-york-city-marathon

Duchess

VIP
His dob is 01/01/1977 so he's probably more like 45. Impressive. :ehh:

ReeBorama

"I'd kill for a Noble Peace Prize"
Bless thy Abdis

I am assuming the old jammy git is a Qaldaan? :mjpls::mjlaugh:

Last edited:
His dob is 01/01/1977 so he's probably more like 45. Impressive. :ehh:
What clan does he hail from ??i am working on a scientific which hypothesis that some clans are faster than others because their ancient ancestors did a lot to fulaynimo-induced running .

Duchess

VIP
What clan does he hail from ??i am working on a scientific which hypothesis that some clans are faster than others because their ancient ancestors did a lot to fulaynimo-induced running .

Born Abdihakim Abdirahman on New Year's Day, 1977, in the northern Somalia village of Hargeisa, Abdirahman was the second of five children.

Born Abdihakim Abdirahman on New Year's Day, 1977, in the northern Somalia village of Hargeisa, Abdirahman was the second of five children.
Interesting .on a serious note , most famous Somali long distance runners hail from a regions close to Ethiopia .oromo runners also dominate long distance Athletics in Ethiopia . The dir and Isaac banu Hashemites seem to be producing good long distance runners .although that does not explain why waraabe is obese and unable to move .

ReeBorama

Interesting .on a serious note , most famous Somali long distance runners hail from a regions close to Ethiopia .oromo runners also dominate long distance Athletics in Ethiopia . The dir and Isaac banu Hashemites seem to be producing good long distance runners .although that does not explain why waraabe is obese and unable to move .

:dead:You got that fking right, about the most famous Somali distance runners being from Waqooyi. We just won the 5k and 1,500 m in the Matrix SL ciyaaraha fudud competitions.:win:

ReeBorama

Ayaydiinii fadhiga ku diriri jirtay u sheega, 'bout fulaynimo induced running you know!:hahaidiot::sitdown:

Just bow down to the GOAT skinnie legends please who single handedly made it cool to be skinnie Faraxs

MO-WINS_2672095b.jpg

Mo.jpg

hi-res-aba44c1f4e060ed5a84a93fada256506_crop_north.jpg

..... bow down humbly and accordingly to the Qaldaan supremacy you ingrate FKD xoolos:mjlol:
:salute::denzelnigga::westbrookswag::sass2::sass1:

Last edited:

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Mo Farah is a legend, not even gonna talk shit about him. Great man. :salute: Though it does cheese me a little bit when he reps Somaliland. :ummhmm:

ReeBorama

Mo Farah is a legend, not even gonna talk shit about him. Great man. :salute: Though it does cheese me a little bit when he reps Somaliland. :ummhmm:

Don't let your provincial qabyalad blind you bro, you are way better than that. He is after all, the greatest, most famous Somali Faarax,:deadrose:
02ade4f26520b447997917ac3a8018ab00509f2e2ffc4f33001aff9111c72237.jpg

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Don't let your provincial qabyalad blind you bro, you are way better than that. He is after all, the greatest, most famous Somali Faarax,:deadrose:
02ade4f26520b447997917ac3a8018ab00509f2e2ffc4f33001aff9111c72237.jpg
:chrisfreshhah:It's all just internet shit talk. In real life, this qabil shit is insignificant. Especially in the west we're all just Somali. I root for him, cheer for him, and I'm incredibly happy when he wins. I just kiss my teeth a little when he pulls out the Somaliland flag. :lolbron:

ReeBorama

:chrisfreshhah:It's all just internet shit talk. In real life, this qabil shit is insignificant. Especially in the west we're all just Somali. I root for him, cheer for him, and I'm incredibly happy when he wins. I just kiss my teeth a little when he pulls out the Somaliland flag. :lolbron:

You need not explain yourself there sxb, I know you aint all about that qabyaalad stuff :drakelaugh: Rather. I was hoping for a bit of an appreciation of my wordplay pun, fuckng freshie Faarax, :icon lol: so f*ck off:russ:

Damn it, is it that early for you as well,:lolbron:

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
You need not explain yourself there sxb :drakelaugh: Rather. I was hoping for a bit of an appreciation of my wordplay pun, fuckng freshie Faarax, :icon lol: so f*ck off:russ:

Damn it, is it that early for you as well,:lolbron:
Nigga I gave a :chrisfreshhah: what more you want? It was like a 2/5 pun, at best. :kanyeshrug:

:dead:You got that fking right, about the most famous Somali distance runners being from Waqooyi. We just won the 5k and 1,500 m in the Matrix SL ciyaaraha fudud competitions.:win:
Bro, I am the founder of the Somalia anthropologist congregation(jamaacatu DNa).I am also a Somali earth scIentist by hobby .descriptions like reer waqooyi are nonsensical.when I say Isaac and dir ,note that I do not believe them to be actual biological clans .these are all coalitions of some related and non-related people ;that is ,if one objectively scrutinises the Arab origin myths .

You will know that from the little DNa testing that has been done the sub-clan of a person does not always corelate with their haplgroup.my hypothesis was meant to trigger debate ,though not in the sense some have taken it .i am specifically interested in how the t haplogroup could perhaps be producing more talented runners .however ,this would only be one variable to consider .

Status
Not open for further replies.