Abdi Warsame comes to the defense of K'naan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Ward 6 Minneapolis City Councilman Abdi Warsame, a Somali-American, said it’s encouraging that a Somali man writes the story.

“I think what [K’naan]’s doing is courageous,” Warsame said, adding that he thinks the show will help representation of Somali-American immigrants

He said he respects K’naan, and finds the storyline intriguing. Warsame said he has read parts of K’naan’s script.

The show is fictional, and while it may portray stereotypes, he said community members should keep an open mind.

“You might not like it,” he said. “But HBO is a big deal, and this is an artist from our community that has been given this opportunity.”

While it is fair for the community to be skeptical, concerned community members should wait to see how the show turns out, Warsame said.

“I don’t think [K’naan] would intentionally try to make the community look bad,” he said.

http://www.mndaily.com/article/2016/09/hbo-show-stirs-controversy-in-cedar-riverside

@AceofSom what say you?:mjohreally:

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
General duke to the rescue. :chrisfreshhah:

It was a good opportunity for Somalis in minn to show a better image of themselves.

Duchess

VIP
Somalis in the diaspora are beyond qabil. The people protesting this are Hawiye and most were not from Cedar, but the councilman for the area and most of the community activists (MJ) have defended K'naan.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Somalis in the diaspora are beyond qabil. The people protesting this are Hawiye and most were not from Cedar, but the councilman for the area and most of the community activists (MJ) have defended K'naan.

We all know about the checke history of Abdi warsame aka general duke :russ:

Duchess

VIP
We all know about the checke history of Abdi warsame aka general duke :russ:

Whatever history you think you know, you can't prove it. Farhan, point is your Hawiye clansmen rioted against their own brother and turned Minneapolis in to Mogadishu. Please sort your people out.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Whatever history you think you know, you can't prove it. Farhan, point is your Hawiye clansmen rioted against their own brother and turned Minneapolis in to Mogadishu. Please sort your people out.

You must have gone to spin school, cos you nearly had me convinced. Why would Hawiye protest when most of the kids who ran away where darood.

Duchess

VIP
You must have gone to spin school, cos you nearly had me convinced. Why would Hawiye protest when most of the kids who ran away where darood.

Now you're just making shit up. The kids who got maced and arrested were Hawiye. You don't understand the political dynamics of Minnesota with regards to CVE you lamb shagging kiwi. Abdi Warsame, Abdirizak Bihi, Mohamud Noor and many more MJs have come to the defense of K'naan. I dare you to name powerful Hawiyes who have?

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
No darood kid was involved, you don't know anything you blood eyed moryaan, the kids protesting were hawadle and abgaal and they came from St. Paul.

Duchess

VIP
No darood kid was involved, you don't know anything you blood eyed moryaan, the kids protesting were hawadle and abgaal and they came from St. Paul.

Like I said, it's the USC battles of the early 90s all over again.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
I know atleast 4 hawadle guys that were protesting who got maced. I don't know what this kiwi former USC water boy talking about.

Reiko, you obese cow, people are saying it was based on qabil and organized by mj's, I wouldn't expect you to understand, since you don't have the intellectual capabilities, so just stick to carrying Duchess handbag.

ps. be back with more information.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Reiko, you obese cow, people are saying it was based on qabil and organized by mj's, I wouldn't expect you to understand, since you don't have the intellectual capabilities, so just stick to carrying Duchess handbag.

ps. be back with more information.
People? What people you rapist, USC clean up woman. MJs were not involved in this, the person organized this protest is Hutu, the guys who were protesting were all Hutu. I don't know what else to say for you to understand you illiterate porch monkey.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
:mjkkk:

Not to change the subject, but you from NZ bro? What's it like, looks like paradise.

Bro, NZ is natural stunning, if u watched lord of the rings, the landscape is from nz

images

images

images

I am in Australia at the moment for work purposes tho

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Bro, NZ is natural stunning, if u watched lord of the rings, the landscape is from nz

images

images

images

I am in Australia at the moment for work purposes tho

900x900px-LL-997160d0_CaUOc.png

I watched a strange NZ show on Netflix once, made the place seem chill as f*ck. Definitely gotta visit one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.