Advise from Africa’s Richest Man on HOW TO MANAGE A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS IN AFRICA.

Aliko Dangote is a Nigerian billionaire business magnate and philanthropist. He is the richest man in Africa and the wealthiest black person in the world according to Forbes,

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
"Contrary to most people's belief, Dangote inherited a very small portion of his wealth from his family and had to work for every dollar that he has now." Uhuh... But he still had a fortune and wealthy familial background to start from, yes? And loads of initial investment capital from the fam? And all their connections as a wealthy, well-connected family? And they even got him, for the 3rd world, a top class education? Yes on all counts? Then cease trying to paint him as any sort of self-made man.

I'm sure he worked hard but the rich need to stop pretending like 90%+ of them weren't privileged from the very start. As someone who comes from a not-so modest background and is quite comfy nowadays myself I'll never try and play that "self-made" bullshit with people no matter how hard I've worked. I know full well that I'd be just another Cabdi dying over a misunderstanding in a ghetto somewhere if I wasn't born to two well-educated and wealthy people.

It's cruel to the poor too. Convincing them, like in America, that they are just temporarily embarrassed millionaires just waiting for their eventual big break when most people die in the class they were born into or one barely above it. Socially mobility is in fact quite low and slow in the modern world.

Trending

Latest posts