AIDS and Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Soo back home theres this woman that divorced her husband after she found out she contracted Aids from him she than got disowned by her family and Rumours were spreading in town about her disease

She had nowhere to go with her 11 year old daughter until she met My Aunt that offered her to stay with her and she accepted it

My Aunt and her got this arrangement that the womans daughter must not now shes got AIDS cause she dont want her daughter ro remember her like this

Somalis back home seem to have limited Knowledge about Aids cause alotta times people and guests left the house the minute she came in, refuse to use the bathroom if shes in the house

And some think it spreads theough the air...

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
The fact that he's responsible for giving her the disease, yet she got disowned and shunned tells you all you need to know. Somalis are fucked in the head.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Somalis lack knowledge on a lot of things and aids is one of them. What do you expect from people who are only taught about tribes and have no access to basic education?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Somalis lack knowledge and seem unwilling to gain it

And the diaspora could do a good job in actually educating people but that doesn't happen either

It's just depressing to hear stories about that

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
Soo back home theres this woman that divorced her husband after she found out she contracted Aids from him she than got disowned by her family and Rumours were spreading in town about her disease

She had nowhere to go with her 11 year old daughter until she met My Aunt that offered her to stay with her and she accepted it

My Aunt and her got this arrangement that the womans daughter must not now shes got AIDS cause she dont want her daughter ro remember her like this

Somalis back home seem to have limited Knowledge about Aids cause alotta times people and guests left the house the minute she came in, refuse to use the bathroom if shes in the house

And some think it spreads theough the air...

Got mad respect for your aunty. It isn't always the lack of knowledge, some people just lack ethics. We got people with tuberculosis knowing full well it is airborne but going out in the open spreading it. I bet if people understood how it was spread they would still treat her the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts