Alaska's Somali community calls Muslim Ban "unacceptable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
“Don’t divide the people. That’s the message,” said Asha Artan, who arrived in the U.S. in 2002 after leaving Somalia and living in Yemen and Syria — three of the countries affected by the executive order.

Artan became an American citizen in 2010 and now works at the Safari Restaurant in midtown Anchorage. It is a popular spot for Somali immigrants.

Farhan Abdi emigrated from Somalia in 2011 and became a U.S. citizen last September. He returned from the country two days ago, where he was visiting his pregnant wife. He is worried about whether she will be able to come to the U.S., which is one of the reasons why he opposes the executive order.

“Nobody can divide us, whatever they say,” Abdi said. “We just have to take action, whatever it is. This is not acceptable.”

He said he is proud to be a Muslim and proud to be an American who works, supports his family and pays taxes. Abdi said he understands Trump is trying to keep Americans safe, but the executive order was not the right way to do it.

“Whatever religion you have, it doesn’t matter,” he said. “This is the land of immigrants. And we all come here from somewhere.”

http://www.ktva.com/not-acceptable-alaska-muslims-react-travel-ban-847/

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I want immigration quadrupled in the West.

I am the biggest pro immigration Somali, even more pro immigration than you and everyone here.

Screenshot_2016-12-02-19-32-13.png

KMvCNKn.png

:umad:

It's a wrap now my nigga

Wth are Somalis doing in Alaska? :wtf:

Somalis always have to go to the coldest areas possible smh. They should have settled in New Mexico or Arizona.

Wth are Somalis doing in Alaska? :wtf:

Somalis always have to go to the coldest areas possible smh. They should have settled in New Mexico or Arizona.

There's Somalis in Nunavut.

Nothing surprising.

Somalis are in every country on Earth. Probably even North Korea.

VixR

Veritas
Y'll are haters. Living in droves Scandi/Minnesota/Canada and bumming on Alaska :mjpls:

The American govt gives Americans nationwide incentives to live and stay in Alaska that you don't see in other states, bc we're rich in so many more warmer, more comfortable landscapes, but it's beautiful.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
What have u heard? :russsmug:

Literally the most obscure unheard of community on planet earth

Numbers are a mystery
Exact paradigms are in the air (could be alcoholics could be daycare scamming millionaires)

Ironic really

I've heard about how little we've heard about them collectively

I would visit but trumpland isn't looking hot atm

Status
Not open for further replies.