Another newly built modern diaspora village in Somalia

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
Amal village in Garowe . Looks impressive so far. Need less diaspora overcrowding I'm Na*robi. More of these should be able to attract and direct all that money into the country?

good work mashallah.
I want to know what somalis born and bread in somalia think. I fear we might see conflict between diaspora somalis iyo somalis nationals If this is only built for diaspora somalis

Internet Nomad

β˜†ππ‘π’π₯𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐒𝐭𝐞 𝐒𝐧 π­π«πšπ’π§π’π§π β˜†
Ahh yes more housing that 99% of the population cannot afford
1720617586053.jpeg

What we need are more commie blocks
1720617905389.png

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
good work mashallah.
I want to know what somalis born and bread in somalia think. I fear we might see conflict between diaspora somalis iyo somalis nationals If this is only built for diaspora somalis

I don’t get this mentality, this is not a non-Somali minority building a massive real-estate project next to the Somali majority like in the case of White South Africans and Black South Africans. There is large-scale intermarriage between the locals and the diaspora who return to Somalia, so the locals directly marry into those new communities and become part of it. All of the jobs these satellite cities and towns will generate, from logistics, to trade to small businesses like convenience stores, mini-malls, security personnel etc would all be manned by local Somalis. The wealth created by those communities would also circulate far beyond its boundaries, and is therefore a net-profit.

This is infinitely better than all those real-estate projects in other parts of Africa, which had zero benefits for Somalia. The fact that similar projects are happening all across the country shows you that Somalia is turning a positive page.

Internet Nomad

I don’t get this mentality, this is not a non-Somali minority building a massive real-estate project next to the Somali majority like in the case of White South Africans and Black South Africans. There is large-scale intermarriage between the locals and the diaspora who return to Somalia, so the locals directly marry into those new communities and become part of it. All of the jobs these satellite cities and towns will generate, from logistics, to trade to small businesses like convenience stores, mini-malls, security personnel etc would all be manned by local Somalis. The wealth created by those communities would also circulate far beyond its boundaries, and is therefore a net-profit.

This is infinitely better than all those real-estate projects in other parts of Africa, which had zero benefits for Somalia. The fact that similar projects are happening all across the country shows you that Somalia is turning a positive page.
The problem is building projects for a small minority in a country where a large percentage of the people still live in informal sheet metal houses and aqals.

Before we create these beautiful suburbs we need to reduce the homeless population

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
The problem is building projects for a small minority in a country where a large percentage of the people still live in informal sheet metal houses and aqals.

Before we create these beautiful suburbs we need to reduce the homeless population

That’s the government’s job though, not random entrepreneurs. A group of business people can’t liberate the Shabelle valley or other regions which would allow the IDPs to return home. You are mixing apples and oranges.

This is an important injection of capital and will revitalise the entire surrounding area where these communities are built. Yesterday you asked why so many ancient coastal cities became ghost towns, well its because nothing interesting was happening there in terms of investment, be it the city itself or the surrounding areas. If Zayla had a project like this in the 1980s or 2000s, that place would look complete different today, and be more more lively like Borama or Garowe.

Internet Nomad

That’s the government’s job though, not random entrepreneurs. A group of business people can’t liberate the Shabelle valley or other regions which would allow the IDPs to return home. You are mixing apples and oranges.

This is an important injection of capital and will revitalise the entire surrounding area where these communities are built. Yesterday you asked why so many ancient coastal cities became ghost towns, well its because nothing interesting was happening there in terms of investment, be it the city itself or the surrounding areas. If Zayla had a project like this in the 1980s or 2000s, that place would look complete different today, and be more more lively like Borama or Garowe.
1720622109735.jpeg

Amal village in Garowe . Looks impressive so far. Need less diaspora overcrowding I'm Na*robi. More of these should be able to attract and direct all that money into the country?

These type of projects should go on. I'm impressed with how creative they can get with things like this.

Once they built something like this in Mogadishu right on the beach with a gate and security with schools, shopping etc I would so move home

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
I would prefer if they built these communities inside existing suburbs in Garowe.

If you build gated communities in new areas, what happens is that all the wealth of the city will go there and will not be distributed within the rest of the city.

For example, if you build a nice house in an existing suburb, you will buy all your groceries at the local market, buy petrol from the local petrol station etc.

However, if you are living in a gated community, you are going to buy groceries at their store and buy petrol at their station.

Your local eedo and adeer store will be deprived of income from the city’s wealthiest. The gated community will have another one built next to it, then a shopping mall, private schools etc. The rest of the city will have inferior services in comparison.

This creates a situation where the wealthier get wealthier and the poor remain poorer, also known as β€œincome inequality”.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

The reporter asked a very important question. Are the homes safe? We know mud houses colapse

:stressed:

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
Once they built something like this in Mogadishu right on the beach with a gate and security with schools, shopping etc I would so move home
There is the almost complete Jazeera estate right by the beach i hear..there is no proper info on it apart from few videos like this

good work mashallah.
We are one we are all Somali,i love when I see Somalis in the diaspora moving back home

I can see more projects like this in Garowe and Las Anod.

No one would be stupid to invest and live in Mogadishu.

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
I fear we might see conflict between diaspora somalis iyo somalis nationals If this is only built for diaspora somalis
There is already distaste for people from non muslim countries. You'll be walking in the middle of the street with your relative or friend and someone will stop you.

Ma American baad tahay?
Forget about trying to tell them your from another country it's all the same

They'll probably have a short conversation with you about why your there, travelling, dhaqan celis etc and then look you up and down and keep walking and this tend to usually be the older folk teenagers or young adults will just wrinkle their nose at you and badmouth you within earshot and I think to myself Is this how rich caadan people feel like when they drive around lower class areas?