Are Somalis the only people who didn’t have cultural tattoos!

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
North Africans, Ethiopians, Levant Arabs, Gulf Arabs, Yemenis, Afghans, Kurds, South Asians, Afars etc all had culture of tattoos and practiced it till recently but I’ve noticed somalis are the only ones who didn’t
:silanyolaugh:
I can imagine seeing these people with face tattoos for the first time and going

“Bisinka na waxan muxuu yahay? jini baan ku moddee”
1599B0FD-FEAA-4E3C-AC45-5B6594693DEE.jpeg

Internet Nomad

✪𝙉𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜✪
im kinda jelous those tattos on women look hot
just imagine a xalimo embracing her cushitic ancestry with a cultural tatto
:banderas:

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
Not all ethiopians i thinks it just ethiopian jews, besides i guess henna counts. It not permanent but u get what i mean.

North Africans, Ethiopians, Levant Arabs, Gulf Arabs, Yemenis, Afghans, Kurds, South Asians, Afars etc all had culture of tattoos and practiced it till recently but I’ve noticed somalis are the only ones who didn’t
I can imagine seeing these people with face tattoos for the first time and going

View attachment 256787
In the past, Somalis practiced facial tattoos, particularly women, which were of a geometric style. These tattoos were made using a small plant (whose name I cannot recall) that bleeds white substance, charcoal, and a needle. The tattoo tradition is said to have been prevalent in the Somali region of Gobolada Jarar, Faafan, Erar, and I've heard stories from an elderly relative, whom I fondly called "Ayeeyo," about her grandmother's tattoos above the eyebrows and under the lips. Although I didn't delve further into the topic back then, recent discussions on the internet led me to research if this tradition was ever referenced in Somali poetry or language. Although I have not found anything yet, It's possible that certain phrases and words evolved from these customs. While many traditions have faded away, the footprints of these practices can still be traced in various aspects of Somali culture. Therefore, I firmly believe that the tattoo tradition has left its mark on Somali poetry or language, and it's just waiting to be discovered.

In the past, Somalis practiced facial tattoos, particularly women, which were of a geometric style. These tattoos were made using a small plant (whose name I cannot recall) that bleeds white substance, charcoal, and a needle. The tattoo tradition is said to have been prevalent in the Somali region of Gobolada Jarar, Faafan, Erar, and I've heard stories from an elderly relative, whom I fondly called "Ayeeyo," about her grandmother's tattoos above the eyebrows and under the lips. Although I didn't delve further into the topic back then, recent discussions on the internet led me to research if this tradition was ever referenced in Somali poetry or language. Although I have not found anything yet, It's possible that certain phrases and words evolved from these customs. While many traditions have faded away, the footprints of these practices can still be traced in various aspects of Somali culture. Therefore, I firmly believe that the tattoo tradition has left its mark on Somali poetry or language, and it's just waiting to be discovered.
I heard something similar from my grandma she said it was already rare when the Italians were coming

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Not all ethiopians i thinks it just ethiopian jews, besides i guess henna counts. It not permanent but u get what i mean.
Ethiopian Orthodox women often got a cross tattooed on their forehead (tradition comes from children being kidnapped by Muslim tribes during raids back in Ye Olden Days. The cross reminded them that they were Orthodox should they find their way back). You’ll often see elderly Ethiopian/Eritrean women with this cross on their forehead however this tradition has seemingly died down in recent times

View attachment 256787
How many threads u gonna make just go and clean house for ur hooyo 😂