Arms Embargo was lifted, what now?

even though the embargo was lifted more then half a year ago i have not heard of one instance of SNA getting heavy weapons, no artillery, mortars or anything.
the question that lies right now is what was the point of it all? SNA right now is no different then before the embargo. you could argue that FGS is simply too poor to buy heavy equipment such as tanks or jets but small things such as drones, mortars and soviet era artillery are definitely affordable to FGS so whats HSMs game? why go through all the trouble to get the embargo lifted if he isnt going to take advantage of it?

i would like your thoughts on this

even though the embargo was lifted more then half a year ago i have not heard of one instance of SNA getting heavy weapons, no artillery, mortars or anything.
the question that lies right now is what was the point of it all? SNA right now is no different then before the embargo. you could argue that FGS is simply too poor to buy heavy equipment such as tanks or jets but small things such as drones, mortars and soviet era artillery are definitely affordable to FGS so whats HSMs game? why go through all the trouble to get the embargo lifted if he isnt going to take advantage of it?
There’s no game the government and alshabab works together they are both making money so it’s a stalemate

There was a new base inagurated for heavy artillery training, there are several choppers owned by the SNA and a couple of drones. But I agree. There should be more pictures of said weaponry for propaganda purpose.

i would like your thoughts on this
Because the government is broke, once that oil comes in, maybe those weapons will materialise

There was a new base inagurated for heavy artillery training, there are several choppers owned by the SNA and a couple of drones. But I agree. There should be more pictures of said weaponry for propaganda purpose.
the choppers were received before the embargo was lifted but i haven't heard about the drones or the artillery base, i agree that this should be publicized more

Because the government is broke, once that oil comes in, maybe those weapons will materialise
i already went over this, fgs is broke but not broke enough to not afford basic outdated artillery or the odd armored car, even Burundi which is significantly poorer then fgs outguns every faction in somalia, there is no excuse

It takes years sometimes decades for oil discovery. Al shabab are too langaab to negotiate. They have done too much damage for anyone to negotiate. There are alot of people who dispise them. We can afford older weapons but that's as far as it goes

Arms embargo was lifted by IC, instead of the Hawiye 'government' strengthening the national army they strengthen clan armies called macwiisleys whilst the national army is being sabotaged.

These people are dowladiid they don't want a strong army or government. They are just uncivilised savages.

Nin123

The most misunderstood man in here.
VIP
T
They can buy or rent second hand equipment like aircraft or helicopters. Look at Eritrea and how they rented jet fighters, we can copy their methods to.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Arms embargo was lifted by IC, instead of the Hawiye 'government' strengthening the national army they strengthen clan armies called macwiisleys whilst the national army is being sabotaged.

These people are dowladiid they don't want a strong army or government. They are just uncivilised savages.
They power up their talibaan style militant called Macwiisleys as solution to fight Alkabaab, dont know how to act as normal any government strength their army SNA.

Moryaaan HAG mentality :manny: .

Trending