Attire

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Why don't we bring our traditional attire back? How did we lose such a rich culture πŸ€” during weddings Somali men should wear these instead of arab Abaya.
Can someone tell me what these cloaks they were wearing called? Some have like wheels on it and some have like a birds wing design
images (12).jpeg
images (11).jpeg
images (9).jpeg
images (14).jpeg
images (10).jpeg
images (7).jpeg

Why don't we bring our traditional attire back? How did we lose such a rich culture πŸ€” during weddings Somali men should wear these instead of arab Abaya.
Can someone tell me what these cloaks they were wearing called? Some have like wheels on it and some have like a birds wing designView attachment 277199View attachment 277200View attachment 277201View attachment 277202View attachment 277203View attachment 277204
I can wear a macawis with no boxers to a wedding. hey, at least it's traditional right? :shaq:

xiin-finiin

general of ciidamada sida raha ubooda
Can someone tell me what these cloaks they were wearing called? Some have like wheels on it and some have like a birds wing designView attachment 277199View attachment 277200View attachment 277201View attachment 277202View attachment 277203View attachment 277204
that's garbage attire. This is our true traditional attire. Everyone used to wear this, i think only the rich wore what you attached. wouldn't be surprised if they got it from some other place
What are some characteristics of Djibouti's traditional clothing? - Quora

xiin-finiin

general of ciidamada sida raha ubooda
that's garbage attire. This is our true traditional attire. Everyone used to wear this (not sure about the feathers), i think only the rich wore what you attached. wouldn't be surprised if they got it from some other place
lm.jpeg

To prevent yet another thread about this attire, contribute to the existing one instead, Somali royal clothing

contribute to it as much as u can, I’ve been gathering some more images of this attire and will post them soon. Someone on here even said they’re recreating this attire by the end of this year. Hope it turns out well for them.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
To prevent yet another thread about this attire, contribute to the existing one instead, Somali royal clothing

contribute to it as much as u can, I’ve been gathering some more images of this attire and will post them soon. Someone on here even said they’re recreating this attire by the end of this year. Hope it turns out well for them.
@Admin can join the threads.

Trending