Badiyo somalis > urban somalis

I cringe everytime I see people from back home look down on rural somalis, I noticed its uncommon for diaspora somalis to so but the ones from the urban more "developed" area's of Somalia/Somaliland have the biggest audacity. Calling reer badiyo uneducated and poor, when they have literally their own land, are connected with authentic somali culture, eat organic and healthy food, speak fluent af-somali without Arabization or use of English words to sound "educated" like them city people do.

Not to mention somalis from the rural area's look way healthier and are in my personal opinion more attractive than the ones in the urban area's. Their Jaws are more defined, they tend to be more taller and are also more slimmer with dark clear skin while the city somalis all have calool, bidaar and stick thin arms and legs and for the women they're all morbibly overweight with ashy bleached skin they tend to show off on tiktok as if it's attractive. Anyway reer badiyo >>>
download.jpeg

somali_traditonal_dance_wikicommons.jpg

Hopefully our useless government can step-up for once and fix the drought issue, so that our people don't have to suffer any longer.

You lot say this and yet live in urbanized towns, why aren't you out in the fields herding camels if you think that lifestyle is better?

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
lol it’s literally all the same. You make reer baadiyo seem so glamorous when it’s nowhere near that.

I doubt you’ve even lived like that or even know how it is to live like that.

nomadic animal herding is one of the most basic, boring and non-fulfilling lifestyles there are. Our people have been doing it for centuries and didn’t even feel the need to do so much as read and write let alone develope actual technology to improve QOL.

Hopefully our useless government can step-up for once and fix the drought issue, so that our people don't have to suffer any longer.

Fix it how? Because as far as I could tell from your post you’re advocating for a more nomadic lifestyle. The only solution to drought in a nomadic lifestyle is to just pack up your things and gamble that the general direction you’re heading in is fertile and lush.

How can you even compare the looks of the urbanized and nomadic people? I’m not saying I disagree with you or anything I’m just curious, have you personally been there and seen the difference? Or are you relying on random photos of the internet that are selectively chosen through confirmation bias?

lol it’s literally all the same. You make reer baadiyo seem so glamorous when it’s nowhere near that.

I doubt you’ve even lived like that or even know how it is to live like that.

nomadic animal herding is one of the most basic, boring and non-fulfilling lifestyles there are. Our people have been doing it for centuries and didn’t even feel the need to do so much as read and write let alone develope actual technology to improve QOL.

Fix it how? Because as far as I could tell from your post you’re advocating for a more nomadic lifestyle. The only solution to drought in a nomadic lifestyle is to just pack up your things and gamble that the general direction you’re heading in is fertile and lush.

How can you even compare the looks of the urbanized and nomadic people? I’m not saying I disagree with you or anything I’m just curious, have you personally been there and seen the difference? Or are you relying on random photos of the internet that are selectively chosen through confirmation bias?
Obviously I was exaggerating Mr.know it all, no need to write a phone essay about my post💀 I just don't understand why people look down on them when they themselves live no where near as luxurious life as they claim to have.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Obviously I was exaggerating Mr.know it all, no need to write a phone essay about my post💀 I just don't understand why people look down on them when they themselves live no where near as luxurious life as they claim to have.
no one actively looks down on them.

Speaking of phone essays, your post is longer than mine :icon lol:

I want to live like them wallahi they look so peaceful. How do I get in touch with people from those villages ? I want to stay for a month or so.

The funny thing is, both Reer Baadiyo and Reer Magaal look down on eachother lol, but I would always prefer the Magaal lifestyle then the Baadiyo it isn’t it Wallahi so I don’t know why your romanticizing it.

The first photo is in Oromia or somewhere in Ethiopia definitely not Somalia, 2nd photo are diasporas taking a photo for cultural day.

I agree with u, the nomadic lifestyle is no longer sustainable.

What we should do is help pastoralists settle permanently and build homesteads. They could become self sufficient and still continue living their pastoralist lifestyle.

I cringe everytime I see people from back home look down on rural somalis, I noticed its uncommon for diaspora somalis to so but the ones from the urban more "developed" area's of Somalia/Somaliland have the biggest audacity. Calling reer badiyo uneducated and poor, when they have literally their own land, are connected with authentic somali culture, eat organic and healthy food, speak fluent af-somali without Arabization or use of English words to sound "educated" like them city people do.

Not to mention somalis from the rural area's look way healthier and are in my personal opinion more attractive than the ones in the urban area's. Their Jaws are more defined, they tend to be more taller and are also more slimmer with dark clear skin while the city somalis all have calool, bidaar and stick thin arms and legs and for the women they're all morbibly overweight with ashy bleached skin they tend to show off on tiktok as if it's attractive. Anyway reer badiyo >>>
View attachment 257062
View attachment 257064
I will trigger my Muslim bros on Somalispot but thank god half of Somalia are still nomadic and not indoctrinated by Islam extremism.

Internet Nomad

✪͓̽W͓͓̽̽i͓͓̽̽n͓͓̽̽t͓͓̽̽e͓͓̽̽r͓̽ ͓̽A͓͓̽̽r͓͓̽̽c͓̽✪͓̽
Where are all these gaalo somalis coming from
i think this website began as a safe heaven for the gaalo but idk.
Tbh its better that they are here and not on some echo chamber like r/xsomali at least we can have back and forth with them.

i think this website began as a safe heaven for the gaalo but idk.
Tbh its better that they are here and not on some echo chamber like r/xsomali at least we can have back and forth with them.
Obviously i'm not going waste my precious time going back and forth with some lowlife on the internet about religion. You're not an islamic scholar and I'm not a scientist, so debating is useless.

The funny thing is, both Reer Baadiyo and Reer Magaal look down on eachother lol, but I would always prefer the Magaal lifestyle then the Baadiyo it isn’t it Wallahi so I don’t know why your romanticizing it.

The first photo is in Oromia or somewhere in Ethiopia definitely not Somalia, 2nd photo are diasporas taking a photo for cultural day.
The first photo is literally in Somalia what are you on about? The lady is from "the last nomad" in her blog which is based of her book she showed pictures of her in Somalia with guntiino on.

I'm not "romanticizing" anything, I'm just symply stating that reer badiyo are closer to authentic somali culture.

Trending