Banana and rice

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
I personally don’t eat it (I eat mine with moos bukeeni instead) but why do some non somalis act so shocked when they find out about this food combination? :gucciwhat: Do they think we eat plain rice with a banana without the stew?

Last edited:

Keo

VIP
I don't like eating it with rice either. I eat the banana separately coz when I go to Somali restaurants they bring you a plate with rice and the banana always gotta be part of it.

I personally don’t eat it but why do some non somalis act so shocked when they find out about this food combination? :gucciwhat: Do they think we eat plain rice with a banana without the stew?
I don't like eating it with rice either. I eat the banana separately coz when I go to Somali restaurants they bring you a plate with rice and the banana always gotta be part of it.

You niggas call yourselfs Somali?:what:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I personally don’t eat it (I eat mine with moos bukeeni instead) but why do some non somalis act so shocked when they find out about this food combination? :gucciwhat: Do they think we eat plain rice with a banana without the stew?

The wester psyche is about categorizing everything. Banana is seen as a desert. Mixing it, is abhorrible to them.

For example my co workers are shocked when I mix my vanilla ice cream with my favorite pop drink Dr. Pepper.

They are disgusted. I mix with coke sometime.

But ironically they accept if I mix my ice cream with root beer soda, because that is socially accepted with the west.

bizarre.