BREAKING NEWS: airliner with 111 passengers hijacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
The terrorists are threatening to blow up the plane. What is their motive and who is behind it?
It wont take long to guess
These people need to stop,they are destroying our already fragile name.Whenever i tell cadaan people that i'm muslim or they figure it out they start side-eying me and giving me nasty looks.Cut it out you filthy arabs

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Did the plane take off from Libya?
how shitty is their security?:faysalwtf:
unless its similar to what happened in Somalia to the daalo airline where the security were in on the plan.
there is no such thing as security in libya.Isis controls some parts and the rest is controlled by other Islamist groups,its basically a transit for refugees to go to europe ,i personally dont think the border patrol is heavy.

Hijackers claim to be in possession of a hand grenade on board Afriqiyah Airways flight carrying 118 people

Maltese troops survey a hijacked Libyan Afriqiyah Airways Airbus A320 on the runway at Malta Airport. Photograph: Darrin Zammit Lupi/Reuters
Emma Graham-Harrison

Friday 23 December 2016 12.13 GMTFirst published on Friday 23 December 2016 11.13 GMT

An airliner on an internal flight in Libya has been hijacked and diverted to Malta, where the airport appears to have been shut down.

The Airbus A320 operated by the state-owned airline Afriqiyah Airways had 118 people on board, and was travelling between the cities of Sabha and Tripoli.

The two hijackers claimed to be in possession of a hand grenade, the Times of Malta reported.

All flights to and from the airport had been cancelled or diverted

Malta’s prime minister, Joseph Muscat, tweeted: “Informed of potential hijack situation of a Libya internal flight diverted to Malta. Security and emergency operatiions are on standby.

Status
Not open for further replies.