Can divorce be humilating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never imagined it like that but the thought has just crossed me. Is it embarrassing to be a divorcee especially when it recently happened? Would the person who got divorced feel humiliated?

I'd be embarrassed to tell my family, yes but it would be just that, embarrassing and tbh I embarrass myself all the time, tripping over nothing, falling like all the time, my voice going shaky and sometimes cracking , crying in public, just being a sloppy, messy, all-over-the-place type person. Divorce could just be added to that list, it's not something that I'm going to go beat myself up for, just something I'm going to remember when I'm going to sleep, something that will make me scream into my pillow over the embarrassment forever.

But that's just me.

I'd be embarrassed to tell my family, yes but it would be just that, embarrassing and tbh I embarrass myself all the time, tripping over nothing, falling like all the time, my voice going shaky and sometimes cracking , crying in public, just being a sloppy, messy, all-over-the-place type person. Divorce could just be added to that list, it's not something that I'm going to go beat myself up for, just something I'm going to remember when I'm going to sleep, something that will make me scream into my pillow over the embarrassment forever.

But that's just me.
That's actually pretty cute and endearing, nothing to be embarrassed about.

VixR

Veritas
No, I don't think divorce in itself is humiliating. It's necessary that divorce be an available option.

I think, if you're married u should try to give it your all, but sometimes it's not enough, and u just have to go your separate ways. It's more the circumstances leading to the divorce that can be humiliating for one or both parties depending on the situation, esp if everyone in the community becomes privy to it, which is usually the case.

Oscar

Het beste uitzicht
It will only be embarrasing if you paid for a expensive wedding and she didnt give you no children :mjlol: nigga you wasted all that money and energy for nothing :ivers:

VixR

Veritas
No man would want children with someone they will end up divorcing.
That's not in line with reality. The main thing both parties want in a marriage is children, generally speaking. That's the nature of the whole institution.

That's not in line with reality. The main thing both parties want in a marriage is children, generally speaking. That's the nature of the whole institution.

The reality is no one wants to have kids if they know they'll end up divorcing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts