Canada to start paying Universal Basic Income

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Have you seen the progress in robots, ai and so on? I believe we are close to hitting a new threshold but instead of creating new jobs. They'll start disappearing.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
When robots take almost all jobs and people start living on UBI. How does one leave the matrix? Think about it if people become solely relied on the state for the food and housing. If a person says something controversial they have their full right to cut those amenities off.

At least right now someone with sheer hardwork can make enough money so that they can be self governing to an extent. However a ubi society won’t give you enough money to leave the system or gain power. You would just have enough money to live and enjoy your hobbies.

Which the state will know every transaction you do because it will be cashless. Plus they won’t let you save too much money because they need the money to be circulating in the economy and people to be consumers.

Internet Nomad

VIP
If you think they won’t do it they have done it once and will do it many times.

With the capital’s streets cleared of the heavy trucks and cars that made some of them impassable for three long weeks of protest, Canadian authorities said Tuesday that they were lifting freezes on hundreds of bank accounts associated with protest organizers and Canadians who had blockaded Ottawa’s streets with their vehicles.

News Article

Internet Nomad

VIP
Have you seen the progress in robots, ai and so on? I believe we are close to hitting a new threshold but instead of creating new jobs. They'll start disappearing.
Exactly people say in the past innovations may take some jobs but it creates others. However this innovation is much different as it can do many things much better than the average person and will get better with time.

Internet Nomad

VIP
I was gonna say that but I wanted to see your response.
In my opinion I don't care that much, this is just how life works, we just have to deal with it, there is no stopping it now, poor countries will get decimated, the rich countries will just become 2% rich with 98% ghettos
Actually poor countries will be given two options to be taken over and forced to assimilate as second class citizens in their new borders or be sovereign and poor.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
I was gonna say that but I wanted to see your response.
In my opinion I don't care that much, this is just how life works, we just have to deal with it, there is no stopping it now, poor countries will get decimated, the rich countries will just become 2% rich with 98% ghettos
The state of most of humanity has always been a state of barley surviving. Industrialization gave humanity a lift from that life but it seems it's gonna bring us back down. Being a Geelgire doesn't sound so bad after all that.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

And it begins become ultra reliant in the government

How about become Capitalist like your neighbor? Dumb Canadians

Wait...i guess this is better than nothing!

The state of most of humanity has always been a state of barley surviving. Industrialization gave humanity a lift from that life but it seems it's gonna bring us back down. Being a Geelgire doesn't sound so bad after all that.
industrialisation is a blip in human history, it is not sustainable, its too good to be true