Complicated Names

Is your name always butchered by ajnabies?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No becouse i use an cadaan nick name

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opone

{ Athiest \ Stoner \Code Monkey \ Anti Qabil } ;
Who here has a complicated name? have you ever found yourself shortening your name or changing it completely to some cadaan name?

I never bothered with shortening my name or giving myself a western nick name lol don't think it would work with my name.

But nah I seriously hate the way my name sounds in english. :jcoleno: I'm legit contemplating adding a middle name or something and go by that. It seems like too much of a hassle tho

VixR

Veritas
It's not a complicated name, but the intonation is different when cadan ppl say it.

A good example is when I learned the name "Greg" has a Somali equivalent, but then of course the two cultures pronounce it differently.

At work, my badge is the shortened version. It's just easier than always having to correct ppl, and it isn't worth it, appropriate or necessary to have to correct patients. Outside that, I initially introduce myself by the full version. I'm called by my name and its shortened version interchangeably by most ppl.

My brother goes by a letter of the alphabet his name starts with :drakelaugh:

People usually pronounce my name wrong the first time but after a couple of speech therapy sessions I got them to say it correctly.:siilaanyosmile:

QalinQor

Catfish
The nicknames associated with my name :jcoleno::kendrickcry:

I almost changed my name but then I realised how disrespectful that would been to my parents. A name theyve carefully selected for god knows how long it took em to decide :obama:

I shorten it tho since most ppl can't say it properly

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
These cadaans couldn't even pronounce zakariya properly. I thought they were meming till they struggled with a girl named Ebyan. :what:

That was the spelling

Wallahi white people cant pronounce anything that's foreign correctly.
I remember in school teachers always butchered my name. :jcoleno: How do you f*ck up the name Leeban

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Wallahi white people cant pronounce anything that's foreign correctly.
I remember in school teachers always butchered my name. :jcoleno: How do you f*ck up the name Leeban

There's no way to f*ck up Liban.

None. One correction is enough to set them straight.

For business purposes I use the name "Larry".

It's on my business cards, email address and my LinkedIn Profile.

In Asia it's difficult for many people to pronounce and remember my name. But when I got to the bank I use my given name.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
For business purposes I use the name "Larry".

It's on my business cards, email address and my LinkedIn Profile.

In Asia it's difficult for many people to pronounce and remember my name. But when I got to the bank I use my given name.

Why do you have a fake name btw?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
It's not fake. Indians and Chinese use American names all the time.

If I'm in Arabia, Malaysia or Somalia I use my given name.

But for everything business related I use my "Kaawaal" name

Any name not on your birth certificate or legally changed is a pseudonym. If it's not legally recognized it doesn't really exist.

But beyond that what I mean is why do you go by that name?

Any name not on your birth certificate or legally changed is a pseudonym. If it's not legally recognized it doesn't really exist.

But beyond that what I mean is why do you go by that name?

I don't work for a company.

If you own your own business especially it it's B2B(business to business) you can use any name.

I have A/B tested by given name vs nickname

I get more emails opened with the name Larry instead of Yusuf

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I don't work for a company.

If you own your own business especially it it's B2B(business to business) you can use any name.

I have A/B tested by given name vs nickname

I get more emails opened with the name Larry instead of Yusuf

Fair enough but why did you start going by Larry?

Status
Not open for further replies.