Coyote in the Woods behind my house

Several of these guys were spotted in the woods behind our house. Kids and their friends can't venture into the park. When I try to walk in the park, I and my neighbors have to be fully armed. Pets have to be kept indoor, especially at night. These fellas are ruining the whole summer.

Last edited:
Coyotes in my area are like deer. They run when they see you.

Bro, once they start being comfortable in the woods nearby or when they don't have enough food around, they're a menace especially when there are several of them. I mostly worry about the kids and the pets.

Btw, not sure if you meant foxes. but coyotes are bigger than dogs.

Almost got jumped by these guys 3v1 one time. They’re bold sometimes.

They mostly eat cats and raccoons. The two animals I actually enjoy. Wish they finished the rat population instead.

The Native Americans got a lot of mythologies revolving around the coyote as a trickster:

"Some stories depict Coyote as the embodiment of evil lechery: a serial rapist who uses trickery to attack a variety of victims including, for example, his own mother-in-law and his sister. Such tales may have served to reinforce the community moral code, by using outrageous humor to portray examples of intolerable behavior." :dead:

Bro, once they start being comfortable in the woods nearby or when they don't have enough food around, they're a menace especially when there are several of them. I mostly worry about the kids and the pets.

Btw, not sure if you meant foxes. but coyotes are bigger than dogs.
Hunting is allowed in my state. So you rarely ever seen them hahaha.

AbdiFreedom

Scientologist | Against Trudeau's antiBlack racism
Staff Member
Coyotes very, very rarely ever attack humans. You have a better chance getting struck by lighting twice.

Coyotes very, very rarely ever attack humans. You have a better chance getting struck by lighting twice.

They do if they are hungry or have babies in the woods and can't capture deer, rabbits, or birds. The closer we (humans) get to their territories, the more conflict arises from this encroachment.

The cry of this baby is heartbreaking after the Coyote attack. 👇

This is a Coyote attacking a cat.

Last edited:

Trending