Dahab Tower is about to collapse I fear!

This can’t continue on look how crooked it is. This is the 9th floor their building. Smh shits is a mess!

2E246E5A-3A06-4DF3-B9CE-508B9BEB4CEC.jpeg

E0BCA14A-3767-4A9A-B134-33FD2E1607DD.jpeg

476C429D-0BF8-490A-9421-1C526EB20CCE.jpeg

76355DAA-2211-497F-BD71-7C7325B6D393.jpeg

Avalanche

Guul iyo Gobanimo
VIP
One bad weather and it's all over for all high-rise buildings in Somalia. Literally a death trap, a disaster waiting to happen.

These cantilevered floors or inclined columns are literally supposed to be that way considering the end design. There is no way you can make such a unique looking building with straight pillars, it would collapse during construction.

See this building in Germany with a similar unique construction as an example of this technique:

FA2A01DC-46BF-4351-AFC1-C9F63B3F61F8.jpeg

9E59AD53-4D54-4FF6-9DC4-8D81C2B8CBC2.jpeg

Some of you will have straight up nervous breakdowns when they introduce more inclined and twisted columns / architecture to Somali cities like the Miami examples below, which is inevitable 😄;

CD43DB29-2526-4D17-B3BA-0054FAC7154F.jpeg

1D1B046D-9489-4C34-B545-DDA33D53F2E3.jpeg

@galhareeri you probably know more about this . Is this normal part of construction
Their are two types of columns for stractural design vertical columns and inclined columns . So yes we can have inclined clomns but they are not easy to build them on site even though it can be built it technical more to do with architecural design of the building . Certaing architectural drawings require inclined clomuns.

20231112_085947.jpg

But also i can not know whether this was designed as with that purpose since i have no information on this project also.
Remeber when y see column that is not straight it maybe as result of BUCKLING.
People confuse that with stress failure no they are are not the same . Even yeah buckling of column is still a failure .
So tecnicaly if i put it in lamens language for columns experiance under certain load could fail for to reasons one is buckling of columns where the columns with somehow bulge. The other is stress failure of column.
But the thing is that byckling occurs before stress failure. Lets say certain coulmn under 10 kn load will buckle but if u add more 4 kn of load it will fail so u will see building buckle first than as constraction of building continious u add more load it will reach its stress limit. Than the columns fails completely.
As i said i have no information on this project.

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Their are two types of columns for stractural design vertical columns and inclined columns . So yes we can have inclined clomns but they are not easy to build them on site even though it can be built it technical more to do with architecural design of the building . Certaing architectural drawings require inclined clomuns.

View attachment 303097
But also i can not know whether this was designed as with that purpose since i have no information on this project also.
Remeber when y see column that is not straight it maybe as result of BUCKLING.
People confuse that with stress failure no they are are not the same . Even yeah buckling of column is still a failure .
So tecnicaly if i put it in lamens language for columns experiance under certain load could fail for to reasons one is buckling of columns where the columns with somehow bulge. The other is stress failure of column.
But the thing is that byckling occurs before stress failure. Lets say certain coulmn under 10 kn load will buckle but if u add more 4 kn of load it will fail so u will see building buckle first than as constraction of building continious u add more load it will reach its stress limit. Than the columns fails completely.
As i said i have no information on this project.
Thanks for insight makes sense knew this was up your alley of study

Thanks for insight makes sense knew this was up your alley of study
This what hapens when column buckle u see it bulges but the columns has not reached it stress limit but lets say more load is added on the to that column by building another floor on top of it it will than reach its stress limit than columns will fail completely
20231112_091233.jpg

Trending