Dealing with family death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is too raw brehs. Any of you experience death of close family member? How do you deal with it? How do you try forget or distract yourself?

Been getting myself so high and can tell its affecting the rest of the family now. Shits gotta change

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
When my grandpa died few years ago my old man didn't want anybody bothering him he sleep it off:wow:As for me it was mix of :kanyeshrug:+:mjcry:
I didn't like my grandpa but I guess his still family:wow:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
AUN hooyada, it's best not to spend too much time alone. Just make dua for her as that is all she needs from you.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
Yes I've had it but it's much better when you come to terms with it but then it's even horrible bc you see the person suffer.

The death in my family came about after a period of sickness

@Ordained_Hypocrite you must mot fool yourself with using hilmaamin mind altering stuff to numb it. Confront it with sheer truth by using the deen.

Ill lighten you up with this tho..

At the time my family member was dying or has died I told my mind " look at the shit happening in Iraq ( at the time there would be a missile hitting a hole family and the family would be shredded into pieces ) and so I would all of a sudden be content that I have the whole body and no one to harbor anger towards, no one you can avenge for. Imagine that ciil

N other words even deaths have different darajos. You got someone to properly bury and afford dignity

AUN breh :(
450cb00216.png

Growing up, the concept of death was repeatedly taught to me, and that nothing in this world was ever anything but temporary. Our money, our belongings, property, friends, and family. Death was the only thing that was guaranteed in life, and that we would all face it one day. Knowing this I thought I could deal with the loss of a family member of mine, however it doesn't kill the empty feeling of grief as you won't ever see this person again. But as everything is temporary, so is grief. Take your time buddy, you need it.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
Not family members but someone I know and close to died few months ago, it was tragic car accident. It was my lowest point of my life talking to him on the phone few hours before the accident but alxamdulilah I went back to Allah swt my Imaan slightly increased knowing that nothing in life is permanent but temporary and death is just right at the corner.
Go back to Allah walalo read the quran and listen to lectures, the more you do this the more it makes you calmer but using drugs to forget all these isn't gonna help but makes it more worse. Like the menace said you need to confront death and know that death is waiting for us sooner or later.

My sister died of cancer and I hate talking about it. Op all I could tell you is when someone close to you dies, that person will always haunt you, they will never leave you alone.

Man up, everyone gonna die. No amount of sulking and feeling sorry for yourself is gonna change anything or bring them back. Say a prayer and keep it moving

Between 1987 - 2010, I lost both my parents and two of my older brothers. Shit happens. After all, we're all mortal and must die at some point. :francis:

A

Atiya

Pray that Allah eases your pain. Wake up for night prayer and sincerely pray and cry to Allah that he gets you through this and also make lots of dua for them. It's tough but you will get through it. "With hardship comes ease".

Thanks for the advice people. Went to the masjid for fajr today and felt instantly better. Walahi its not easy. Everything as we knew it got disrupted, missing her every moment. But alhamdulilah as menace said it could have been worse. Atleast I had a mother, even if for a short time, I had one. Alhamdulilah.

amiin to all your duaas.

Say, Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon whenever you remember your mother.
Allah says: "Innalilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon" To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return." (Quran Surat Al Baqarah 2:156)
"Every soul shall have a taste of death, then to us you will be ultimately returned." (Quran Surat Al Ankaboot 29:57)

إِنَّ لِلَّهِ مَا أَخَذَ وَلَهُ مَا أَعْطَى وَكُلٌّ عِنْدَهُ بِأَجَلٍ مُسَمَىً فَلَتَصْبِرْ
"Definitely Allah has taken what belongs to Him. He has given us what belongs to Him. He has stipulated a time for everyone (which He does not chance by impatience or plan). Have patience and hope for reward".
My Allaah have mercy on your mom.
I know what you are going through because both of my parents are dead. My mom died when I was a child and my father died couple of years ago. Ilaahey ha u naxaaristo hooyodaa ilaahey jannada guri ha uga dhiso adigana samir iyo imaan ha kaa siiyo Amiin yaa Allaah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts