Dhaqan Celis isnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP

the idea is very good but the way is currently done is very bad both for the child that is being sent back and the kids in Somalia

I spent 3 months in Somalia and i used to see these so Called dhaqan celis they hang out in groups of other dhaqan celis, dont mix with the society that already there, since they have money they sleep all day, eat Qaat all night and try to sleep with any girl over the age of 15 they see

In Somalia they are know as DHAQAN BIIS..i.e culture destroyers

Mercury

VIP
I have not met one person who went back for dhaqan celis, that changed them for good, infact all came back even worse.
I think parents should be there for their kids and TEACH em about the culture and whatnot

I think parents should be there for their kids and TEACH em about the culture and whatnot

Yeah I agree with that but still I don't see how teaching young hoodlums about their culture will change them, tbh this topic is too broad

If you can't raise your kids properly in the west, you won't raise them properly in Somalia. Somali parents blaming their parental failures on the country they are in are beyond pathetic.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Back in high school, I knew a guy who was sent for dhaqan celis. He impregrated two girls at the same time, also caused havoc in the village that his elder relatives begged his parents to take him back. Sometimes dhaqan celis doesn't work at all. Fast forward 7 years, the guy is mature, finished university. Works in a respectable company. Somalis don't understand teenage years. Eventually the teenagers will grow up. In the meantime they shouldn't be dumped in an environment they know nothing about. Communication is the key when it comes to raising kids in the west.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Because they don't experience real dhaqan. If you want proper dhaqan celis you send your kid to the miiy. Let him/her stay with family in the miiy, or at least tuulooyin for 3-6 months and guaranteed they'll come back different

You have to understand, anyone who is send to Dhaqan celis, aren't exactly there on their own free will.

So ofcourse they aren't going to integrate into the local community.

Zuleikha

The 6 month I've spent back home was the best that ever happened to me. I'm glad to say I'm a former dhaqan celis reformed now.

Mercury

VIP
You have to understand, anyone who is send to Dhaqan celis, aren't exactly there on their own free will.

So ofcourse they aren't going to integrate into the local community.
Id say it could work if they are staying in miyiga with a good relative they can look up to

But if they are dropped in middle of town with a ciyaal suuq relative theyre screwed

Zuleikha

LooL could you tell us more about your experience and what is like with the locals?

Things were different back then compare to now . My brother and I blended well with the locals whereas my other siblings and cousins isolated themselves.

The only horror thing I've face was getting chase by a monkey in down town burco. I don't think I would ever forget that I was traumatised.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Things were different back then compare to now . My brother and I blended well with the locals whereas my other siblings and cousins isolated themselves.

The only horror thing I've face was getting chase by a monkey in down town burco. I don't think I would ever forget that I was traumatised.

:ohhh:Maa reer burcaad tahay wllo.. iyo maa muuse ba ku iriyadey mise caasho bay ahayd:dwill:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Somali parents don't understand that teenagers will misbehave and act out and break your rules now and again. They will grow out of it. It's a phase.

I honestly believe many Somali people need parenting classes. Not forcing them to raise them in a Western way but to make them understand that teenagers misbehaving isn't the end of the world. Don't panic.

Somali parents don't understand that teenagers will misbehave and act out and break your rules now and again. They will grow out of it. It's a phase.

I honestly believe many Somali people need parenting classes. Not forcing them to raise them in a Western way but to make them understand that teenagers misbehaving isn't the end of the world. Don't panic.
Thats true, but maybe these 'Somali parents' shouldn't continue to have kids one after the other.

Zuleikha

Were you really a bad teenager? How bad were you for your parents to send you on dhaqan celis?

My parents didn't send me they move us back to Somaliland. My mum wanted to spend time with her aging parents and obviously didn't want to leave us behind.

I wasn't even a teenager I was only 12 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts