Djibouti and Somalia rank high in suicide rates as do many other African and religious countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Djibouti is 32 and Somalia is 43

Screenshot_20161211-111825.png
Screenshot_20161211-111842.png
Screenshot_20161211-111848.png
Screenshot_20161211-111854.png

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Why is South Korea so high up there?

Japan and South Korea legit have suicide prevention squads that like go out to suicide Hotspots and try and save lives

I believe Japan has an actual forest where people go to kill themselves.

rabshole

Aragaani
Suicide is a very rare thing among us Somalis everyone knows that its almost nonexistent.

Last edited:
Suicides among Somalis is very hidden

There is public shame that goes with it.

Years ago, I was taken around town by my cousins neighbour in Somalia. He seemed like a happy guy.

I find out last year he stabbed himself because he was unemployed and felt hopeless. The family said to everyone else he was killed by an unknown mentally ill person but my cousin found out the truth.

Very sad.

waraabe

Your superior

Years ago, I was taken around town by my cousins neighbour in Somalia. He seemed like a happy guy.

I find out last year he stabbed himself because he was unemployed and felt hopeless. The family said to everyone else he was killed by an unknown mentally ill person but my cousin found out the truth.

Very sad.
You bullshit a lot.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9

Very sad.

bring evidences. stop side stepping it

If you have no job, if you live in poverty, if you feel hopeless, then its likely you will think of ending your life or will want to end your life.

Suicides are not done by happy people with limited problems.

I am not sure why people think Somalis are not affected by suicides. Somalis are among the most miserable people on Earth. There is a reason why tens of thousands of Somali youth cross dangerous seas every year to go to Europe. It is to escape misery.

You can't have honest and thoughtful discussions with these contributors because they are filled with pride. These people will be useless in fixing Somali problems.

If you have no job, if you live in poverty, if you feel hopeless, then its likely you will think of ending your life or will want to end your life.

Suicides are not done by happy people with limited problems.

I am not sure why people think Somalis are not affected by suicides. Somalis are among the most miserable people on Earth. There is a reason why tens of thousands of Somali youth cross dangerous seas every year to go to Europe. It is to escape misery.

You can't have honest and thoughtful discussions with these contributors because they are filled with pride. These people will be useless in fixing Somali problems.

That's true but they don't kill themselves. Unhappy Somalis resort to religion and adapted to their life and make best of it. Suicide rates are very small among Somalis. Somali will join al kebab or abuse khaat before he kills himself. Don't forget Somalia was happiest country in east Africa by UN.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201603180144.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts