Do you ever wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about all the beaches you ever went to or wanted to go to. For every grain of sand on earth there are 10,000 stars in our galaxy. That is 100 Billion Stars In our galaxy alone. Then there are an estimated 200 Billion galaxies out there each with its own 100 Billion stars like our Sun. If each star system has as many planets as our sun does then thats a f*ck ton amount of planets out there. How likely do you think life exists elsewhere? *passes joint*

*eagerly takes joint from @velli. Joint isn't lit anymore because @velli was talking too much, so i ask for the lighter and light it.*
*takes two puffs, coughs, exhales*
*pockets lighter by accident, @velli is gonna go home and realize his lighter is missing*

I also wonder since the Sun is a star, are all those stars we see at night suns.??? :ohhh:

So basically you're asking whats the difference between suns and stars. A sun is any star that has a planetary system of planets orbiting around it. So to answer your question, not all stars are suns. Going along with the theme of this thread, I also find it so cool how the stars we see in the night sky aren't real-time. If you go out at night and see a star, chances are that star is probably dead and has gone through the super nova stage already. @velli already depicted how big the universe is and light has a finite speed, so it takes a while for the real time light to reach us. For example, if the sun was to suddenly disappear, we wouldn't notice for a full 8 min because thats how long it takes light to reach earth from the Sun. And the sun is basically our roommate when you compare how far other stars are. Some of the light from these stars might take millions of years to reach us. So when we look at the sky we see the light of stars from millions of years ago. Always blows my mind.

Another thing that always trips me out is the very specific and perfect parameters and conditions set in place for life to exist. The tilt is probably the best example of this. Earth's spin axis is like 23.5 degrees (i think, dont quote me). This allows for stable and moderate seasons. A few tenths of a degree and we would get extreme temperatures that aren't suitable for life. The distance between the Earth and Sun is critical too. A tiny bit closer and all of the glaciers would melt, causing floods everywhere. A tiny bit further away, we'd be living in a frozen world. Subhanallah allah's creations are so perfect and beautiful. Wait, astagfirullah. I just took two hits and high af, i probably shouldn't say subhanallah waaba danbi weyn

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
*eagerly takes joint from @velli. Joint isn't lit anymore because @velli was talking too much, so i ask for the lighter and light it.*
*takes two puffs, coughs, exhales*
*pockets lighter by accident, @velli is gonna go home and realize his lighter is missing*

So basically you're asking whats the difference between suns and stars. A sun is any star that has a planetary system of planets orbiting around it. So to answer your question, not all stars are suns. Going along with the theme of this thread, I also find it so cool how the stars we see in the night sky aren't real-time. If you go out at night and see a star, chances are that star is probably dead and has gone through the super nova stage already. @velli already depicted how big the universe is and light has a finite speed, so it takes a while for the real time light to reach us. For example, if the sun was to suddenly disappear, we wouldn't notice for a full 8 min because thats how long it takes light to reach earth from the Sun. And the sun is basically our roommate when you compare how far other stars are. Some of the light from these stars might take millions of years to reach us. So when we look at the sky we see the light of stars from millions of years ago. Always blows my mind.

Another thing that always trips me out is the very specific and perfect parameters and conditions set in place for life to exist. The tilt is probably the best example of this. Earth's spin axis is like 23.5 degrees (i think, dont quote me). This allows for stable and moderate seasons. A few tenths of a degree and we would get extreme temperatures that aren't suitable for life. The distance between the Earth and Sun is critical too. A tiny bit closer and all of the glaciers would melt, causing floods everywhere. A tiny bit further away, we'd be living in a frozen world. Subhanallah allah's creations are so perfect and beautiful. Wait, astagfirullah. I just took two hits and high af, i probably shouldn't say subhanallah waaba danbi weyn
*Takes blunt from @kernel , hugs it to himself*
On the topic of solar systems did you know that if all the planets (the Sun excluded) could lined up and fit between the moon and Earth?
upload_2016-5-16_8-26-0.png

Last edited:

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
You really sure you'd give up your current your life to be a bibi wearing bum jus to watch this shit? True.
I'd be the homeless batman fam dafuq you meaaaaan, bib wearing bum. Don't see no reason why, make a fire and sit down with my syphilis ridden niggas and watch as bald ass Neptune orbits past.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
*Takes another drag before passing the Olympic blunt to @Amun *

@Lostbox Chill duuuuuuuuuuuuude, did you know that when you lay down outside to look up at the sky, you're actually staring down into an infinite cosmic abyss and the only thing that is stopping you from drifting off into it is the gravity of the earth.
upload_2016-5-16_12-4-52.png

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
*Takes another drag before passing the Olympic blunt to @Amun *

@Lostbox Chill duuuuuuuuuuuuude, did you know that when you lay down outside to look up at the sky, you're actually staring down into an infinite cosmic abyss and the only thing that is stopping you from drifting off into it is the gravity of the earth.
View attachment 2645
The funny thing is that there has never been a time where I laid down to look at the stars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.