Downfall of Ethiopia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
I never wish chaos upon any people, but it seems like the time has come for our neighbor the Ethiopian nation.
Most of us have family living in Kilinka shanad, especially in the towns of Jigjiga and Dire Dawa, Herer etc...

Most of those lands and including the fertile regions of Ethiopia are Oromo lands, if you haven't been following the news the Ethiopian government has been excercising brute force on the Oromo population (30 million) after the Oromo's protested the "Master Plan" which is to expand the capital Addis, what the Oromo call finfiine I believe.

The Oromo's oppose this because this will remove entire tribes of the Oromo clan from their farm land, and it would ruin the jobs of many farmers there who survive by farming. Oromo towns and cities accross the country have been engaged in protests, mostly the youth (students), It's just a matter of time before a rebellion begins.

I expect the Eritreans to fund such a rebellion, as sad as I may sound saying this, but the downfall of Ethiopia as a regional power is necessary for us, they would no longer be able to influence Somali regional politics nor cross in and out of the Somalia border.

S

SOMACOON

Beautiful! :jcoleno::lawd:
I wish to see an Independent Oromia, imagine a new neighbor which trusts us, Oromia will be influenced by the Somali way of life.
Hadaba, i've met a handful of Oromos who spoke Somali. Ethiopia must fall apart and Oromia must be formed. ASAP.

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
Oromos are about half the population and have almost no power, i am surprised they were able to be suppressed this long.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
The Oromos and the Somalis would get on well, the president of Ethiopia is Woyate a small clan but he is the lap dog of the Christians of Maqale (Mekele), if the Oromos manage to achieve something we should establish good ties, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even mind transferring the Somali region to the Somalis or even granting them full autonomy.

The Oromos are not as power hungry as the Tigrey, who ironically are a minority.

Afaik, the west is very protective of Ethiopia though, so I doubt they'd like to see any major changes there politically.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
The Oromos and the Somalis would get on well, the president of Ethiopia is Woyate a small clan but he is the lap dog of the Christians of Maqale (Mekele), if the Oromos manage to achieve something we should establish good ties, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even mind transferring the Somali region to the Somalis or even granting them full autonomy.

The Oromos are not as power hungry as the Tigrey, who ironically are a minority.

Hailemariam Desalegn is Wolaitta and the president Teshome is Oromo. You don't hear much from the president in Ethiopia because, that chair is usually occupied by an Oromo TPLF lackey. Girma Wolde, Gidada and Teshome are all Oromo; the first two being previous presidents and the latter one being the current president.

The Muslim Oromo are not interested in ruling Ethiopia, they want their own country. It is the Christian Oromo that are holding them back, it has always been that way when you look back at the formation of the OLF in the 70s.

waraabe

Your superior
same people against somaliland advocating Oromo to break away from Ethiopia. No wonder they are struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.