Eastleigh is like a mini Dubai now

I’ve been to Eastleigh, and all I can say is that if an earthquake were to happen, that place would be done for; no one would survive. There are some streets that never see the sun.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Why cant the fix the central marget of eastleigh??? Dirty. Muddy. None paved. uufff

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Somalis should turn that area for strictly business/amenities purposes. It should be the Wall Street / City of London district of East Africa.

No need to live there, somalis now fortunately are moving away to the suburbs, which is good. We should become large landowners with huge houses outside of Nairobi with Eastleigh being our controlled business center

Somalis should turn that area for strictly business/amenities purposes. It should be the Wall Street / City of London district of East Africa.

No need to live there, somalis now fortunately are moving away to the suburbs, which is good. We should become large landowners with huge houses outside of Nairobi with Eastleigh being our controlled business center
It’s already the biggest market in east and central Africa people come from as far away as Congo to get stuff billions pass through their every year

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

Haven’t been to Kenya in years but I heard the transformation in eastleigh has been astounding new apartment blocks and malls everywhere
Its become very expensive now, Somalis are actually fleeing Eastleigh, its becoming like Xamar where a two bedroom apartment is costing 350 dollars on average now!

Dooyo

Inaba Caadi Maaha
Why has the Nairobi local government failed to build decent infrastructure in Eastleigh? What’s the point of building all those developments without good roads?

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
A big shiny building with sewage sludge in front. That's embarrassing.

Mogadishu is going through similar development and meeting of demand of housing.
Did you steal the title of this thread from this video? or is Dubai some type of baseline comparison lool

Why has the Nairobi local government failed to build decent infrastructure in Eastleigh? What’s the point of building all those developments without good roads?

Yeah it kinda sucks because it's Somalis having to work around a bad public sector, that aren't delivering the services it's supposed to it it's fullest even when the private sector is doing it's thing. Mogadishu has a few decent roads, but the drainage system built by the kacaan hasn't been fixed. There used to be a drainage system that collected the rain and transferred it into the ocean.

In some parts it looks like they have started building out roads and side walks in Eastleigh. Perhaps they are starting out near major residential districts.

A good portion have started to move out into gate communities

Trending

Latest posts