Faint Factor: Irrational Fear

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
So, earlier today, I got some blood drawn due to a part-time job I landed. Because I hadn't had cause to deal with needles in a long while, I truly assumed this issue was a thing of the past. That I'd outgrown it, that I'd be fine.

Boy was I wrong.

From as far as I can remember, getting injected with needles makes me faint. It happens either while I'm getting the blood drawn, or afterwards as I get up to leave. I don't feel a perceptible fear beforehand, and I don't have anemia or any other health issues, but EVERY single time, like clockwork, I faint. Pretty 'freakin ridiculous.

This time around, I watched the nurse draw my blood, even took a picture of it and thought, "So far, so good. Gone are those days...". But then as I got up to leave, I started feeling slightly dizzy. I brushed the feeling off and made my way to the reception area to speak...the guy couldn't hear my responses to his questions. The last thing I remember is him asking me if I was OK. I passed out as soon he finished the sentence. Apparently, and thankfully, he made it around the table to me before I hit tile. They kept me for further checkup, but nothing was wrong. I had to have someone come get me, because I didn't want to risk driving.

I want to overcome this mental block. It's an irrational subconscious fear. Above all, I dread the fact that I'll have to take yearly flu-shots, meaning that I get to faint annually in the presence of my colleagues.

Does anyone else experience anything like this? Fears?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Nah, I threw up during a live surgery once though

The moment I realized I could never be a doctor :lol:

Although in my defense I had mad spicy Mexican food and the OR was hot as f*ck for some reason

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I don't fear needles and shit but I hate them with passion, it's all good up until they strap your arm up and get ready to push it into the vein f*ck that. I had to get injections to get four teeth removed and they brought out this huge one and pushed it through the hard palate in my mouth, I kept thinking what if this twat slips and punctures through into my brain.

Mine would have to be the ocean, it's so vast and the thought of being swept into it nah.. I almost drowned once and that adds to it I think.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Before I take any L's after almost drowning I learnt how to swim it's fun and all but I'd rather float tbh.

VixR

Veritas
Before I take any L's after almost drowning I learnt how to swim it's fun and all but I'd rather float tbh.

I've had a drowning experience, too. My life flashed before my eyes and the whole shebang, but no light nor tunnel lol. I get the ocean thing, tho? it's vast and powerful, and can swallow you up. I stay close to shore @ oceans. Pools are the comfort zone.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I was tall enough to tip toe around certain areas then they switched on the waves.. My stupid ass was swept to the depths and after splashing around like wax waalan and doggy paddling I sank and then chlorine aa ka dhargay. Couple of chest compressions and I was back.
Wallahi, I remember thinking about it for a moment like.. Damn.. I just drowned.. Syyyyyyyyke *Jumps back in*

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I remember going to a pool party in the third grade almost drowning and getting dragged to safety by a girl half my size.

I was screaming please get me to the shore the entire time

:drakelaugh:
:bell:

VixR

Veritas
Nah, I threw up during a live surgery once though

The moment I realized I could never be a doctor :lol:

Although in my defense I had mad spicy Mexican food and the OR was hot as f*ck for some reason

The OR wasn't hot, ORs are cold af. That was all you, Bahal. Take the L:damn:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
The OR wasn't hot, ORs are cold af. That was all you, Bahal. Take the L:damn:

I guess I must've been hot then, I was sweating buckets and after the first incision and the overwhelming smell of blood, I walked out, grabbed the nearest trashcan and threw up for a solid minute

:damn:

VixR

Veritas
I was tall enough to tip toe around certain areas then they switched on the waves.. My stupid ass was swept to the depths and after splashing around like wax waalan and doggy paddling I sank and then chlorine aa ka dhargay. Couple of chest compressions and I was back.
Wallahi, I remember thinking about it for a moment like.. Damn.. I just drowned.. Syyyyyyyyke *Jumps back in*

I was in the water struggling about to throw up the deuces like, "OK, World, it's been real", when arms came around me and pulled me up to air. I never told my parents. Wallahi, they would've killed me themselves. That was before I knew how to swim. And I shouldn't have been in the pool to begin with, but I thought I was about it.

VixR

Veritas
I guess I must've been hot then, I was sweating buckets and after the first incision and the overwhelming smell of blood, I walked out, grabbed the nearest trashcan and threw up for a solid minute

:damn:
To be fair, that's actually scary,. I've spent some time in the morgue on expired people, and even they're a little scary, talk less of live surgery.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
You're probably picturing some open heart surgery with a million surgeons and blood everywhere.

It was an infants circumcision

:meleshame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending