Fellow engineers lets build Somalia !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i was talking with one of my friends from Uni, and he had plans to start a manufacturing plant in Northern Somalia since he is a mechanical engineer. He indirectly motivated me to create new ideas and innovations so now i have plans to start a tech industry in Mogadishu, my plan is to get electrical, computer, and software engineers from the diaspora to join me on this startup sometime down the future inshallah. My long term goal is to employ local somalis in Mogadishu and to perhaps change the curriculum taught at their Universities to become more relevant to present day practices. With the help of Allah i hope my project reaches its fruits Inshallah.
So what are your plans?

What are you planning on manufacturing?

How are you going to get enough money to start up the plant?
No i'm not manufactoring thats my friend who is a mechanical engineer. I want to start a Tech industry focusing on Network security and inductor loops and sensors to control traffic lights and I plan to link up with Hormuud Telecommunications. As for the Money well first after i graduate i'm gonna work here in the industry and once i accumulate enough money and build some contacts and networking I will either buy land for construction to build my company or rent a place.. but first i need to pool funds with some other engineers which i'm currently working on networking

Did somebody say Manufacturing Plants

mITKTFA.gif

Honestly though Manufacturing requires heavy investment from the government.

South Korea is actually a good case study for quick development without heavily relying on foreign aid and immigration.

My plan is to invest into my dad's farm in Somalia, he has a huge arable land, we just bought a tractor 2 yrs ago and put it in the hands of cousins, uncles etc to make use of it and start farming but they're lazy and they just loan it to other farmers and keep the money for themselves, but all that will change inshallah, I'm saving money now to drill a few wells and buy more farming equipment. The opportunities are endless :fittytousand:

mITKTFA.gif

South Korea is actually a good case study for quick development without heavily relying on foreign aid and immigration.

Yeah I am not too big on manufacturing too many things can go wrong. I would rather stick to technology which is where i feel at ease

My plan is to invest into my dad's farm in Somalia, he has a huge arable land, we just bought a tractor 2 yrs ago and put it in the hands of cousins, uncles etc to make use of it and start farming but they're lazy and they just loan it to other farmers and keep the money for themselves, but all that will change inshallah, I'm saving money now to drill a few wells and buy more farming equipment. The opportunities are endless :fittytousand:

Nice man sounds good we need more educated somalis from the diaspora going back and reaping the endless possibilities of opportunity :rejoice:

Nice man sounds good we need more educated somalis from the diaspora going back and reaping the endless possibilities of opportunity :rejoice:
Another field you should consider is looking into 3rd party brokering connecting buyers and sellers and becoming the middleman, if Somalia ever becomes a free trading zone country :ohdamn: :wow1:

mITKTFA.gif

South Korea actually received lots of financial Aid and assistance from the US to rpevent it falling into the hands of the Communists.

For a manufacturing sector, Somalia needs to invest billions in civil infrastructure like roads and railways. It also has to guarantee electricity and water supply.

Mech Engineering with specialization in renewable energy.

Short version : I will become an energy tycoon and aim to become one of Africa's richest men if not the richest. Somalia will be my starting ground and I have alot of interesting things in mind but time will tell Insha'Allah.

Somalia will become rich on energy in my timeline and I will capitalize on it by realising the true potential aswell as working closely with the Somali Govt to continue on with my plans. I'll be owning my own business aswell as other ventures as my capital continues to grow.

The long version is highly detailed but I can't be bothered to share it. Don't want anybody stealing it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending