First cousin marriages in Pakistani communities leading to 'appalling' disabilities among children

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because the South Asians take it to another level. Cousins marry and then their children marry and so on. It's not normal to marry that close to one another. The occasional cousin marriage is no big deal but this generational thing is just asking for trouble genetics-wise.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
That's because the South Asians take it to another level. Cousins marry and then their children marry and so on. It's not normal to marry that close to one another. The occasional cousin marriage is no big deal but this generational thing is just asking for trouble genetics-wise.
This. It's also causing problems in the Arab Gulf states as well.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Anything that is halal no way it can have problems....

I don't believe these "problems"

To hell with it.
:wtfdis:That's fucking stupid. Donuts are halal. Go eat donuts for every meal. Eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. What'll happen? You'll get diabetes. Are you gonna deny diabetes exists as well?

Just because something is halal, doesn't mean you can do it without limits. Constant cousin marriage, generation after generation is not good.

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
:wtfdis:That's fucking stupid. Donuts are halal. Go eat donuts for every meal. Eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. What'll happen? You'll get diabetes. Are you gonna deny diabetes exists as well?

Just because something is halal, doesn't mean you can do it without limits. Constant cousin marriage, generation after generation is not good.
Look at this one comparing marriage with donuts.:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:

You could've atleast come up with something else my nigga.

Stupidest comparison ever, but funny asf.

You have the potential of becoming a comedian my little friend.
:yousmart:

Last edited:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
While only 15 per cent of the population in Bradford is of Pakistani origin, an estimated 55 per cent are married to their first cousins.

speechless

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster

I was actually eating a donut when I posted that. :mjlol:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
from what i can gather the problem is that defective genes don't have an opportunity to leave the gene pool right? meaning the occurrence rate for that gene passing on is much higher? that and carrying copies of the same mutated recessive gene. you basically have a much higher chance of fucked up genes matching up and being passed along. and because there's limited genetic variation the cycle keeps on going? think i'm getting that right...

they knew about these problems from like the 1500s and thoroughly got rid of the practices in the western world by the 1800s so i'm not sure why we're not wising up to this reality in the islamic world.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
from what i can gather the problem is that defective genes don't have an opportunity to leave the gene pool right? meaning the occurrence rate for that gene passing on is much higher? that and carrying copies of the same mutated recessive gene. you basically have a much higher chance of fucked up genes matching up and being passed along. and because there's limited genetic variation the cycle keeps on going? think i'm getting that right...

they knew about these problems from like the 1500s and thoroughly got rid of the practices in the western world by the 1800s so i'm not sure why we're not wising up to this reality in the islamic world.

You are right. That's why it's OK here and there but unsafe when it becomes a custom.

No its valid analogy. In both scenarios a pernicious outcome is arrived at. For donuts its diabetes, and to cousin fucking its malformations. I cannot understand where you do not find the relation.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Cousin marriage is never a good thing! It's a barbaric and primitive custom that increases the risk of genetic diseases being passed on. I mean, nobody would smoke cigarettes here and there and say it's fine.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
I remember asking my relative about this issue and why it wasn't subsequently made haraam. He gave the same response Lace Hoo-ha did in this thread.

"If it's halal, there can be no harm associated with it."

Where to even begin...

:dwill:

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
I remember asking my relative about this issue and why it wasn't subsequently made haraam. He gave the same response Lace Hoo-ha did in this thread.

"If it's halal, there can be no harm associated with it."

Where to even begin...

:dwill:

I am pretty sure it isn't recommended. I will try get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.