Gaarcad Investor Meet Opens In Gaalkayo

SHIRWEYNAHA HANTILAYAASHA SHIRKADDA WADAAGSAN EE DEKEDDA GARACAD (Sawirro)

Shirweynaha sannadlaha ah ee hantiilayaasha mashaaruuca iskutashiga ah ee Dekedda Garacad ee ay maamusho Shirkadda Wadaagsan ayaa maanta ka furmay magaalada Gaalkacyo ee xarunta gobolka Mudug | Shirka ayaa socona doona muddo shan cisho ah |

39AB9163-4330-4B81-B3E2-B7E65D0A216D.jpeg

7AA977B7-B55B-4F35-9F47-27BA06D8708B.jpeg
DD48A77D-202C-4766-A942-7F76FCF899F7.jpeg
9F4197C6-FA06-4E31-852F-88731BF89C01.jpeg

Attachments

• AE370FEA-0238-4141-B6D7-00B3DA525D94.jpeg
    AE370FEA-0238-4141-B6D7-00B3DA525D94.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We need to list 100 publically traded companies on a PL stock market as open to public shares so we end this solo owned companies market we have now. they can study how to go public by learning from wadaagsin.

That sort of market development will result in companies turning into conglomerates with civilian money as shares.

what you think @Thegoodshepherd i think u mentioned we need business laws and standards that need to be met by companies before going on public.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
no real country exists without giving its population access to invest in shares of private companies. We got a strong middle class who want to put some of their portfolio to work. I mean if we can fund a seaport you think we cant fund and turn small to medium business into corporations.

This is a win win for both the owner and shareholders, with more capital flowing thru the company they can begin rapid expansion or add new services or goods. Profit sharing may even make u richer its better owning 10 to 30% of a corporation profits then 100% of small to medium company. Plus govt cant complain if more business and trade is happening, their tax revenue grows.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
We need to list 100 publically traded companies on a PL stock market as open to public shares so we end this solo owned companies market we have now. they can study how to go public by learning from wadaagsin.

That sort of market development will result in companies turning into conglomerates with civilian money as shares.

what you think @Thegoodshepherd i think u mentioned we need business laws and standards that need to be met by companies before going on public.

There is a lot of capital, even in the poorest countries, that can be freed up to help in development. Hernando de Sota calls this "dead capital". Formalizing the economy fully will mean that markets become much deeper and more stable. It will also mean more investment.

I think the PL gov should have the large companies form a stock exchange of some kind where their shares can be bought and sold anonymously. If you are going to do business in Puntland, the people of Puntland should be able to share in the profit by buying stock.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

That was a good video. I don't think their political will to formalize our market even tho I do believe the people want it once they understand the benefits to be gained thru a formal economy. Imagine never second guessing any product or service and always having legal avenue, this puts the burden on companies to conduct themselves or face stiff fines, compensation, business license cancellation, or even criminal proceedings if their goods or services have harmed people. We demand checks and balances in govt but we remain quiet about market instability and dont demand stabilization and reform.

With PL having a central bank my advice to deni would be to produce the currency control as a form.of record keeping on market spending and savings and we got ecommerce now like sahal which can provide secondary evidence on market performance, growth, declines. But we need to formalize all these hawala into private banks and demand consumers to store and trade thru these infrastructure because it serves as record keeping.

Market reform is the next great age that can turn PL into an island of trust for both locals and foreign investors as it can be like japan and south Korea while surrounded by failed markets based on good will, word of mouth, anything primitive because its not a market based on the rule of law. Once PL enters this domain and begins setting up the instruments needed, Mark my word, I can guarantee with confidence a first world nation will.emerge. Once wax soo saarkina kalsooni lee yahay at a local level, foreigners rush in to invest in this oasis of market trust and stability.

Last edited:
There is a lot of capital, even in the poorest countries, that can be freed up to help in development. Hernando de Sota calls this "dead capital". Formalizing the economy fully will mean that markets become much deeper and more stable. It will also mean more investment.

I think the PL gov should have the large companies form a stock exchange of some kind where their shares can be bought and sold anonymously. If you are going to do business in Puntland, the people of Puntland should be able to share in the profit by buying stock.
That’s true. Besides remittances Average camel herder spends very little money and makes a huge amount all at once and has nowhere to put it.

They sell 100 camels for 2k each and buy all the sugar,tea and cloth they need for 2k.

What can they do with the 98k but buy land? We need to create investments for them so they can put that money to work.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Burqad an informal economy is why a 3rd world nation cannot rise up, most of their economic activity isnt even recorded in gdp calculation as gdp only calculates formal sectors. As you said plenty of money is flowing but their not paying taxes and outside formal rules and therefore the govt is broke to deliver public services or initiate projects to better their lives.

there isn't one business u can take to court in Somalia for failing to deliver working goods or products as advertised, it's suuq fowdo or market anarchy and there no legal recourse in contractual breaches also.

94% of Uganda market is suuq madow only 6% is listed as their gdp because only 6% pay taxes and somalia is far worse. How can you progress if your not giving a slice of your income to the govt to pool it together to advance your living conditions.

Last edited:

Trending