Germany v Holland cancelled due to ‘concrete plan’ to cause explosion in stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Police have cancelled the friendly between Germany and Holland after the stadium in Hanover was evacuated on Tuesday when a suspicious object was found inside.

Hanover’s chief of police, Volker Kluwe, told German news agency DPA: “We have received concrete information that someone was planning to set off explosives inside the stadium.” Police spokesman Joerg Hoffmeister told The Associated Press that everyone inside had to be evacuated after the as-yet unidentified object was found.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/17/germany-holland-friendly-suspicious-suitcase

LittleNileRiver

Keepin Southies in check since 1998
Feel bad for German players.
Germany, the national team, and Bundesliga have done a lot to help Syrian refugees in the country.

LittleNileRiver

Keepin Southies in check since 1998
Meanwhile at Wembley, England is beating France 2-0.
Lass Diarra, who's cousin was killed in the attacks, was given a standing ovation when he came on the pitch.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Feel bad for German players.
Germany, the national team, and Bundesliga have done a lot to help Syrian refugees in the country.

I was in Germany, Hanover and Munich, when all these refugees were pouring in and I swear I saw so many good natured, kind hearted, nice Germans.

Another thing that happened to me personally was many years ago I was going from Gelsenkirchen to Hamburg but missed my connection train, and some white German woman offered to drive me to Hamburg. If she hadn't I'd have been stuck overnight in a small town in the middle of nowhere.

People outside of Europe have this rigid view of Germans but modern day Germans are some of the nicest people you'll meet.

Inb4 someone brings up pegida

The Belgium v Spain was also cancelled.
Damn these terrorists!
malcolm-tucker-angry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.