Glue sniffers Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.
mukhtar.jpg

Mukhtar stands outside the Ethiopian café where he shines shoes every day.

According to the Hargeisa Child Protection Network, there are 3,000 to 5,000 homeless youth in the city, most of whom are Oromo migrants from Ethiopia. Around 200 a year complete the voyage through Somaliland and across the Gulf of Aden into Yemen, where they attempt to cross the border to Saudi Arabia and find work; many more don't make it.

For more than four decades the Oromo have been fleeing persecution in Ethiopia, where they have long been politically marginalized. Mohamed arrived in Somaliland as part of this ongoing migration

Instead Mohamed ended up where he is now, wandering around the city with his friends and fellow Ethiopian migrants Mukhtar and Hamza (all three have adopted Muslim-sounding names to better blend into the local population). Their days mostly consist of shining shoes for 500 Somaliland shillings (seven cents) a pop and taking many breaks in between jobs to sniff glue.

Though they fled Ethiopia to escape persecution, the Oromo migrants often endure even worse treatment in Hargeisa. The first time I met Mohamed's friend Hamza he was plodding through the crowd at an outdoor restaurant, offering shoe shines in the midday sun. An older man dressed in a cream apparatchik suit like a James Bond villain sitting next to me shouted at the child, who cowered, turned, and ran away. "Fucking kids," he said to me in perfect English. "God can provide for them."

S

SOMACOON

mukhtar.jpg

Mukhtar stands outside the Ethiopian café where he shines shoes every day.

According to the Hargeisa Child Protection Network, there are 3,000 to 5,000 homeless youth in the city, most of whom are Oromo migrants from Ethiopia.
For more than four decades the Oromo have been fleeing persecution in Ethiopia, where they have long been politically marginalized. Mohamed arrived in Somaliland as part of this ongoing migration
Though they fled Ethiopia to escape persecution, the Oromo migrants often endure even worse treatment in Hargeisa.

Fair enough.
Although, it seems a lot of the women in waqooyi are marrying refugees, most of them being Oromo.
Why is that?

Puntland and Somaliland have to do something with these Oromos and send them back. There is nothing for them in Hageisa and they wil displace the natives.

Somalis are leaving their country while oromos are occupying the streets in drones. I do symphatize with them but its going to hurt is in the long run. Maan i hate The smelly Xabash govt in Addis Abeba

S

SOMACOON

Puntland and Somaliland have to do something with these Oromos and send them back. There is nothing for them in Hageisa and they wil displace the natives.

Somalis are leaving their country while oromos are occupying the streets in drones. I do symphatize with them but its going to hurt is in the long run. Maan i hate The smelly Xabash govt in Addis Abeba

More than anything. Most of these Oromos claim that they're the original inhabitants of Northern/Southern Somalia.
Its a matter of a time before they begin populating and start claiming ownership of this land.

S

SOMACOON

Same Reason why Xaargeisa chicks Fucked an old german dude in a o video.

Why a refugee tho? From Ethiopia, an Oromo. Why would you marry someone who seeks something from your poor state?

More than anything. Most of these Oromos claim that they're the original inhabitants of Northern/Southern Somalia.
Its a matter of a time before they populating and start claiming ownership of this land.

Look they are even adopting muslim and somali names and faux converting to blend in with the SL and Puntland natives. Somalis are fucking stupid walahi ogaden and North Somalia is being occupied by Oromos and the South by Bantus and kenyans. While the Somali run away from their countries.

Sometimes i wonder if Somalis are desperatley trying to commit collective suicide.

Why a refugee tho? From Ethiopia, an Oromo. Why would you marry someone who seeks something from your poor state?

Walah i do not know. Have you seen that video of that hargeisa chick who wanted the somali constitution to be changed so her half Oromo son & husband could recieve citizenship?

Last edited:
T

Tokio

I use to see them on my way to Nuradin secondary school kun sagal boqol kabo ka yacii. Doxi sheikh madar :eminemdamn:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
South Somalia will be owned by Bantus.
SL & PL will be overran by Oromos.
Ogaden will be overran by Oromos and Amhare.

We will be what Afars are today, insignificant and irrelevant. Send a thank you note to our shitty politicians who are letting this happen.

waraabe

Your superior
Walah i do not know. Have you seen that video of that hargeisa chick who wanted the somali constitution to be changed so her half Oromo son & husband could recieve citizenship?

warya hooyada was beenta naga daa. The woman was clearly darod woman who wanted her xabashi kids to get somalia's citizenship. Why are your people always lying

S

SOMACOON

gambella-flag.jpg

This is in Somaliland. Rather than waving the blue flag, they're upholding the flag of the same nation that bombed them.

S

SOMACOON

That's something, post the video sxb. Anyone with a foreign father should not even run for mayor. Waxkale iska daaye

Status
Not open for further replies.