Got a Somali linguistics book 344 pages

Sorry if the camerawork is bad this book is too big to hold in one hand
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This looks pretty nice. Is this a more general guide or is it academic? It's nice to see more books in somali being published since even though I tried looking into it. I couldn't really figure out how many books were published annually in af somali. Except the guy who setup hargeisa book fair saying there were about only hunded and some titles out and now 250 books were being published in somaliland per year.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
This looks pretty nice. Is this a more general guide or is it academic? It's nice to see more books in somali being published since even though I tried looking into it. I couldn't really figure out how many books were published annually in af somali. Except the guy who setup hargeisa book fair saying there were about only hunded and some titles out and now 250 books were being published in somaliland per year.

Yeah hopefully the number of af-somali books being published increases, also we should do more translations of foriegn works so thay people in Somalia can access more knowledge.

The book is academic, it's very large and filled with content unlike other Somali language books I've seen. I'll drop the amazon page I found it on in case you wanna deeper dive on it.

Author is a certified Somali linguist btw,

CALIQEYE M. NUUR
Af-aqool Soomaaliyeed

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Author is a certified Somali linguist btw,
Thank you for sharing the book with us.
I will definitely buy it .

But ,
what does " the author is a certified Somali linguist " mean ?
Who is a certified Somali linguist and who is not?

What is your definition?

Not everything written in books is true. Perhaps you will find the correct knowledge from an unknown person.

Narrated Abu Hurairah:
that the Messenger of Allah (๏ทบ) said: "The wise statement is the lost property of the believer, so wherever he finds it, then he is more worthy of it."
ุนูŽู†ู’ ุฃูŽุจููŠ ู‡ูุฑูŽูŠู’ุฑูŽุฉูŽุŒ ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ุฑูŽุณููˆู„ู ุงู„ู„ู‘ูŽู‡ู ุตู„ู‰ ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุนู„ูŠู‡ ูˆุณู„ู… โ€ "โ€ ุงู„ู’ูƒูŽู„ูู…ูŽุฉู ุงู„ู’ุญููƒู’ู…ูŽุฉู ุถูŽุงู„ู‘ูŽุฉู ุงู„ู’ู…ูุคู’ู…ูู†ู ููŽุญูŽูŠู’ุซู ูˆูŽุฌูŽุฏูŽู‡ูŽุง ููŽู‡ููˆูŽ ุฃูŽุญูŽู‚ู‘ู ุจูู‡ูŽุง โ€"โ€ โ€.โ€

ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ุฃูŽุจููˆ ุนููŠุณูŽู‰ ู‡ูŽุฐูŽุง ุญูŽุฏููŠุซูŒ ุบูŽุฑููŠุจูŒ ู„ุงูŽ ู†ูŽุนู’ุฑูููู‡ู ุฅูู„ุงู‘ูŽ ู…ูู†ู’ ู‡ูŽุฐูŽุง ุงู„ู’ูˆูŽุฌู’ู‡ู โ€.โ€

Last edited:

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
Thank you for sharing the book with us.
I will definitely buy it .

But ,
what does " the author is a certified Somali linguist " mean ?
Who is a certified Somali linguist and who is not?

What is your definition?

Not everything written in books is true. Perhaps you will find the correct knowledge from an unknown person.

Narrated Abu Hurairah:
that the Messenger of Allah (๏ทบ) said: "The wise statement is the lost property of the believer, so wherever he finds it, then he is more worthy of it."
ุนูŽู†ู’ ุฃูŽุจููŠ ู‡ูุฑูŽูŠู’ุฑูŽุฉูŽุŒ ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ุฑูŽุณููˆู„ู ุงู„ู„ู‘ูŽู‡ู ุตู„ู‰ ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุนู„ูŠู‡ ูˆุณู„ู… โ€ "โ€ ุงู„ู’ูƒูŽู„ูู…ูŽุฉู ุงู„ู’ุญููƒู’ู…ูŽุฉู ุถูŽุงู„ู‘ูŽุฉู ุงู„ู’ู…ูุคู’ู…ูู†ู ููŽุญูŽูŠู’ุซู ูˆูŽุฌูŽุฏูŽู‡ูŽุง ููŽู‡ููˆูŽ ุฃูŽุญูŽู‚ู‘ู ุจูู‡ูŽุง โ€"โ€ โ€.โ€

ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ุฃูŽุจููˆ ุนููŠุณูŽู‰ ู‡ูŽุฐูŽุง ุญูŽุฏููŠุซูŒ ุบูŽุฑููŠุจูŒ ู„ุงูŽ ู†ูŽุนู’ุฑูููู‡ู ุฅูู„ุงู‘ูŽ ู…ูู†ู’ ู‡ูŽุฐูŽุง ุงู„ู’ูˆูŽุฌู’ู‡ู โ€.โ€
Yea unless there is some organisation he isn't really "certified" but he is shown to be a Somali linguist both on the front page of his book and when you search him up online.

Latest posts