Hadith on islamic reform

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
What does this hadith mean? is it sahih or corrupted and untrustworthy? I cannot recall one figure in the 20th century that reformed Islam for the better.

“At the beginning of every century Allah will send to this ummah someone who will renew its religious understanding.”

Narrated by Abu Dawood (4291); classed as saheeh by as-Sakhkhaawi in al-Maqaasid al-Hasanah (149) and by al-Albaani in as-Silsilah as-Saheehah (no. 599).

What the Muslim is required to do is to believe in the saheeh hadiths of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and accept them, with no hesitation about what is said in them. This is one of the requirements of belief in the Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination”

[an-Nisaa’ 4:59].

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
I believe this hadith is talking about mujaddid... a person who revives the dīn.... I have seen Sheikh Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab be referred to with that term... I believe the "reformer"... may be better translated as reviver... because I don't think it's reform in that sense... the mujaddid brushes away bid'ah that has entered how the dīn is understood by Muslims

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I believe this hadith is talking about mujaddid... a person who revives the dīn.... I have seen Sheikh Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab be referred to with that term... I believe the "reformer"... may be better translated as reviver... because I don't think it's reform in that sense... the mujaddid brushes away bid'ah that has entered how the dīn is understood by Muslims
you are correct here, it is mujaddid, not reformer

What does this hadith mean? is it sahih or corrupted and untrustworthy? I cannot recall one figure in the 20th century that reformed Islam for the better.

“At the beginning of every century Allah will send to this ummah someone who will renew its religious understanding.”

Narrated by Abu Dawood (4291); classed as saheeh by as-Sakhkhaawi in al-Maqaasid al-Hasanah (149) and by al-Albaani in as-Silsilah as-Saheehah (no. 599).

What the Muslim is required to do is to believe in the saheeh hadiths of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and accept them, with no hesitation about what is said in them. This is one of the requirements of belief in the Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination”

[an-Nisaa’ 4:59].
This hadith is about reformation. You can tell by the 2nd sentence. Btw, didnt the prophet (saw) invent Islam? Also, yahya I'm still waiting for your reply......

Trending