Hollywood somali actors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
How would you feel if there was a somali actor/actress that was as big as will smith in Hollywood? And before you start bakrad abdi doesn't count:drakekidding:

I wouldn't mind but a lot of Somalis would see it as a form of degeneracy
About 40% would disown them.
If it was an actress the reception would be way worse.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
I wouldn't mind but a lot of Somalis would see it as a form of degeneracy
About 40% would disown them.
If it was an actress the reception would be way worse.

There will always be people that will hate you no matter what you do. But that percentage would not be that high.

You will not get disowned for degeneracy. You will get disowned for hating on Somali culture and our religion. Imaan seems to have gotten off the hook this way lol. Even though there is some stuff out there.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Barkhad is an Oscar nominated, bafta winner, screen actors guild nominated, Ofcourse he counts. Don't hate. He's as big as Will Smith.

You better put some RESPEKT ON HIS NAME :pacspit::pacspit:

Gibiin-Udug

This is probably a qabiil thing or you're being delusional
Barkhad abdi just has captain Phillips under his belt, he can't come close to the stardom of will smith
:drakekidding:
It's not a qabiil thing, I'm stating the facts. Name any other actor that has been nominated for 35 awards and won 6 for their debut movie, without prior experience?

I will wait.

Galaeri

I refused to watch Captain Phillips. They chose use the ugliest Somali ever as a main actor. And that wasn't it, the story of captain philips has been romanticised. The captain actually put his crew in danger and has a movie made about it. Phillips was not a hero.

:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit: Mothafoking f*ck Hollywood.

I refused to watch Captain Phillips. They chose use the ugliest Somali ever as a main actor. And that wasn't it, the story of captain philips has been romanticised. The captain actually put his crew in danger and has a movie made about it. Phillips was not a hero.

That movie did a number on us man. Now people can't think of Somalis without thinking of that movie
This goes for Black hawk down too

Khadija Warsame - I know I know - she goes by an cadaan name.

kerry-washington-welcomes-baby-boy-caleb.jpg

Gibiin-Udug

As if you look better.

Galaeri

As if you look better.

I got somewhat normal teeth and my gums are not rotting. :birdman:

And I'm not built like thin spaghetti alxamdulilah. :damedamn:

Nice to see that's all you took from my post lady. :bell: Fok captain phillips and fock hollywood.

Gibiin-Udug

I got somewhat normal teeth. And gums are not rotting. :birdman:

And I'm not built like thin spaghetti baasto alxamdulilah. :damedamn:

Nice to see that's all you took from my post lady. :bell: Fok captain phillips and fock hollywood.
You're Somali, so you're probably balding and hating on my cousin's timo jileec, his teeth is iconic.

Galaeri

You're Somali, so you're probably balding and hating on my cousin's timo jileec, his teeth is iconic.

My hairline is typical of a faraax. My hair is long enough however to hide my forehead.
Wallahi I must say that my hair is looking proper atm. :mjswag::mjswag::mjswag:

It's nice to know that you guys are related.

:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit: Barkhad abdi and how he hurt the image of the Somali.

Inb4 you are just jealous of his success.

I never gave this film much thought until one day, one of my cadaan colleague spoke so highly of it and recommended it to me. She kept going on about how it's such an amazing film and 'that Somali actor was so good'. She even attended the red carpet for it. So I ended up watching it. I actually thought it was a pretty good movie.. I'd give it a solid 8/10. The tension held me tight throughout the movie and the ending was just..j-just spectacular. I was almost moved to tears. The Somali pirates were funny tho, running around like roaches lol. Watch it!

Barkhad is an Oscar nominated, bafta winner, screen actors guild nominated, Ofcourse he counts. Don't hate. He's as big as Will Smith.

You better put some RESPEKT ON HIS NAME :pacspit::pacspit:
I don't think you're being serious about him being on bar with Will Smith, but I agree that he's amazing. I recently saw Eye In The Sky and his performance was absolutely breathtaking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts