How did the inception of FGM take place somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I don't know but fgm is called gudniin fircooni. Maybe it's a ancient Egyptian practice, which would make sense as it's concentrated in Egypt/Sudan/the horn

BANTU

+op MVLI
It has nothing to do with Islam

Probably as old as male circumcision

Both practices have pagan/animist origins

It's practiced in Christian nations and peoples, and is more or less a phenomenon of the African continent

Netero

Kim Jong Fun
Apparently the practice originates from Ancient Egypt & was gradually adopted by Puntites & other horners.
How do we know that it didn't originate with us if the Egyptians really came from Punt like they claim? That would explain why the rate is highest here...

Probably something to do with purity culture and virginity. Apparently girls who don't get it done are more likely to out or something. It's stupid

How do we know that it didn't originate with us if the Egyptians really came from Punt like they claim? That would explain why the rate is highest here...
FGM is non-existent in Somalia. Even AL shabaab is against it.
The highest rate of FGM is in Ethiopia

Thats what my mum said when i was younger and ended up with FGM.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm lucky my mother was educated and not born in somalia, she doesn't blame ayeeyo either because she's reer baadiyo and didn't know any better. At least she made sure none of her younger sisters or children had to go through that

Status
Not open for further replies.