How strict are/were your parents?

My parents always made me cook/clean for myself when I turned 13.

I'll do the same when I have children too (Inshallah).

Last edited:
I just turned 20 and my parents r strict,moreso now than before since I've got money and my own vehicle, but to be fair im a rebel, I do what I do and deal with the consequences later which at this point is nothing more than just nagging :manny: .

Growing up, my mom didn’t like that I read so much. She’d take my precious books away lol. I wasn’t an ordinary reader though...I’d finish multiple books in one day. It got to a point where my school had to borrow books for me cuz I finished everything they had lol. I sneak into closets to read until my mom would find me lol

hell hath no fury like a mother’s wrath
giphy.gif

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Growing up, my mom didn’t like that I read so much. She’d take my precious books away lol. I wasn’t an ordinary reader though...I’d finish multiple books in one day. It got to a point where my school had to borrow books for me cuz I finished everything they had lol. I sneak into closets to read until my mom would find me lol

hell hath no fury like a mother’s wrath
giphy.gif

You woulda loved my mother. The one thing she would never even remotely question me about was books if I wanted to make a purchase. Even comic books, lol. You wanna read something? Here's the money, go! Go!

:pachah1:

You woulda loved my mother. The one thing she would never even remotely question me about was books if I wanted to make a purchase. Even comic books, lol. You wanna read something? Here's the money, go! Go!

:pachah1:

Wish your mom adopted me back then lol but I have feeling since I’m a girl she maybe wouldn’t have been as thrilled to give me $$$ for books lol. Honestly though I think your mom would’ve eventually grew tired too imagine a kid reading like 5 or 6 books back to back, no food no bathroom breaks...nothing lol

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Wish your mom adopted me back then lol but I have feeling since I’m a girl she maybe wouldn’t have been as thrilled to give me $$$ for books lol. Honestly though I think your mom would’ve eventually grew tired too imagine a kid reading like 5 or 6 books back to back, no food no bathroom breaks...nothing lol

She would've loved you, me thinks. I've been something approaching what you describe in the past and she would boast about me. "You have any idea how many books Shimbiris has read?! How much history and stuff he knows?! My boy is a savant!" Same with my Aabo. I swear that man's first words to me were most likely "Aabo, wax akhri!"

:dead:

She would've loved you, me thinks. I've been something approaching what you describe in the past and she would boast about me. "You have any idea how many books Shimbiris has read?! How much history and stuff he knows?! My boy is a savant!" Same with my Aabo. I swear that man's first words to me were most likely "Aabo, wax akhri!"

:dead:
Mash’Allah! Incredible parents...rarity among Somali parents! At best Somali parents ignore reading and at worst discourage it like my mom. Now it makes sense why you’re writing is nearly perfect. The more you read the better writer you become 👍🏽

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
Very strict and I appreciate it. Because I am still a practising Muslim and I did not become a criminal. People with non strict parents become gaal and criminals.

Trending

Latest posts