I can't even watch an Israel Palestine video without a truth shot sent at Somalia

So i was just watching this Israel Palestine video on Al-Jezeera and then the commentator said what will happen after the war? Gaza without Hammas will turn into Somalia...

, time stamp 10:43

I'm not disagreeing with him, Somalia is in a horrible position and it's true. It really is that bad huh.

Why not Yemen or haiti. We've become the poster child of failed states despite no longer being one. Somalia is a fragile state now. He's lying. If Hamas is no more the puppet Palestinian Authority will completely take over making stealing land for the Israelis much more easy

Kizaru

Cast in the name of God Ye not Guilty
So i was just watching this Israel Palestine video on Al-Jezeera and then the commentator said what will happen after the war? Gaza without Hammas will turn into Somalia...

, time stamp 10:43

I'm not disagreeing with him, Somalia is in a horrible position and it's true. It really is that bad huh.
we've become the pinnicle of faliure it seems. pretty sad but its really the truth lol. If the population dispises each other then what can be said other then that? Somalis cannot complain if their own people hate each other

He is not entirely wrong to be honest in the point he is making. You remove Hamas after Isreal played divide & rule by empowering them running Gaza without empowering and making away for Fatah the Palestinian authority which Isreal sees as a bigger enemy, what you will be left with is a power vacuum up for grabs and infighting by various groups and even proxy actors of Hesbollah, Iran etc.

Concentrating on Somalia being mentioned misses the point being made. In a lot of cases they mention Libya, Iraq, Yemen and Syria as an example of this removal of power leading to general disarray and power vacuum. So Somalia is a rare mention. But it's a general one that hold true throughout.

But debating what Gaza will be like after you manage to drive away Hamas is disingenuous considering how Isreal pretty much destroyed the whole place with no schools, hospitals, facilities, homes, infrastructure, heritage remaining . Which will take an estimation of 15 years just to clear the rubble from the carnage. It really wont matter much tbh only from a foreign policy security point of view does it matter to them, not in terms of palestinian human life and sabotage.

Last edited:
Somalia is even worse than Palestine so its not a surprise, just look at the roads in Gaza vs Mogadishu, is there a country with worse infrastructure than us?

Somalia is even worse than Palestine so its not a surprise, just look at the roads in Gaza vs Mogadishu, is there a country with worse infrastructure than us?

Gaza before the war was an open air concentration camp. Deprived of basic necessities and rights. Somalia and Mogadishu is nothing like that. And Mogadishu has rebuilt a lot of the infrastructure and basic facilities.

Palestinians would think Mogadishu is a paradise in comparison to it. I know of plenty of Syrian and Yemenis refugees in Mogadishu feel that way. And See Somalia as a safe haven.

Gaza before the war was an open air concentration camp. Deprived of basic necessities and rights. Somalia and Mogadishu is nothing like that. And Mogadishu has rebuilt a lot of the infrastructure and basic facilities.

Palestinians would think Mogadishu is a paradise in comparison to it. I know of plenty of Syrian and Yemenis refugees in Mogadishu feel that way. And See Somalia as a safe haven.
you are living in la la land, Mogadishu and somalia as a whole is a joke lol

please stop being deluded and take a trip to somalia, it will never get to the level of our neighbors in 2 or 3 lifetimes.

there’s a reason why Somalis invest so much in niarobi and Kenya.

there’s no point in biulding a nice apartment buildings if it is surrounded by monkeys shooting guns at the air or a IDP camp.

watch the video in the thread below you will never see this in niarobi. Just look at what they are doing with there time

He is not entirely wrong to be honest in the point he is making.

Concentrating on Somalia being mentioned misses the point being made. In a lot of cases they mention Libya, Iraq, Yemen and Syria as an example of this removal of power leading to general disarray and power vacuum. So Somalia is a rare mention. But it's a general one that hold true throughout.
I don't understand why you needed to tell me this? I literally don't blame him for making that point and I understand why he is making that point. It's just depressing that Somalia is being used to make that point which is the entire reason why I posted about it.

Why not Yemen or haiti. We've become the poster child of failed states despite no longer being one. Somalia is a fragile state now. He's lying. If Hamas is no more the puppet Palestinian Authority will completely take over making stealing land for the Israelis much more easy
fail state, fragile state, you say tomayto I say TOMato.

you are living in la la land, Mogadishu and somalia as a whole is a joke lol

please stop being deluded and take a trip to somalia, it will never get to the level of our neighbors in 2 or 3 lifetimes.

there’s a reason why Somalis invest so much in niarobi and Kenya.

there’s no point in biulding a nice apartment buildings if it is surrounded by monkeys shooting guns at the air or a IDP camp.

watch the video in the thread below you will never see this in niarobi. Just look at what they are doing with there time

Somalia is a country recovering from the effects of a civil war, multiple outside interventions and has it's hotspots of conflict zones. Majority of those displaced in IDPS are not from Mogadishu or other northern parts but in alshabab conflict zones displaced from the fighting by the SNA and international armies. Outside of that conflict zones, it's pretty safe.

Despite the security issues Somalia fares better off than Gaza and those other countries i mentioned.

So much so that Syrian and Yemeni refugees from war torn countries see it as a safe haven.

With freedom to work and travel, Yemeni refugees become part of social and economic fabric of Somalia​

"When we saw how Somalis have been welcoming us, we knew we were in a better place. Though security challenges still exist here, we adopted it and we became part of our host communities. We feel welcome," Sha'naani told Anadolu Agency in an interview.

You can watch these videos and see how mogadishu is coming along. It's rapidly developing and new infrastructure is being built everyday. With the increased security there is growth of investments and even re-location of Somali businesses into Somalia

With buzzling shopping malls and markets

A number of Somali in diaspora have begun to invest in Somalia as well.

Last edited:
I don't understand why you needed to tell me this? I literally don't blame him for making that point and I understand why he is making that point. It's just depressing that Somalia is being used to make that point which is the entire reason why I posted about it.

It's not depressing, sh*t happens, people are allowed to speak about it and Somalia is an better place than it was 15 or even 20 years ago. If you look at the videos i showed in my reply above.

So you should be pretty optimistic.

It's not depressing, sh*t happens, people are allowed to speak about it and Somalia is an better place than it was 15 or even 20 years ago. If you look at the videos i showed in my reply above.

So you should be pretty optimistic.
All those pics aren't my area, I couldnt careless about xamar. I don't need hope pill from you, I'm well aware of Somalia's current condition. Being associated with that degree of failure is depressing no matter how you spin it. I'm not against him speaking about Somalia as I said the reality of being compared to the worst thing that could happen to another country/area is depressing no matter how you spin it. At least it can only get better from here...

All those pics aren't my area, I couldnt careless about xamar. I don't need hope pill from you, I'm well aware of Somalia's current condition. Being associated with that degree of failure is depressing no matter how you spin it. I'm not against him speaking about Somalia as I said the reality of being compared to the worst thing that could happen to another country/area is depressing no matter how you spin it. At least it can only get better from here...

It's the same other parts of Somalia: There is entire forum section the different regional Somali developments https://www.somalispot.com/forums/development.30/. You are free to look through it.

I only showed you Mogadishu because it is the capital , that suffered from a conflict and near conflict zone and yet is developing. And businesses and investments are growing there as a result of better security, it was a reply to the guy who thinks Somalis only invest in Nairobi the Kenyan capital.

A lot of those same Nariobi Somali businesses are relocating to Somalia or establishing second bases in Somalia

International observers equally associate Somalia with resilience and entrepreneurial spirit navigating through challenges to find creative solutions. Civil war and conflict is not unique to Somalia as you guys obsessively try to make it out to be, it's something that happened pretty much around the world in many different countries. It does not define them, so why should it define us?

Whats more important is how people rebound from it and how they progressively move forward.

Last edited: