I realized America was segregated in the 1960s

ZBR

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
This new reality is so short and might not least long especially for Muslims

Bille

Sidii roon Raba og
This new reality is so short and might not least long

In 1960 Mohammed Ali (AUN) throw away his Olympic middle into the Ohio River. Because they wouldn't allow him in a restaurant because he was black. In the 60s South Africa and America were the only two countries that black people were oppressed.

I wish Basra was in America in the 60s.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
I've literally met multiple African Americans that lived through the civil rights era.
Bro the Madows that were born in the 1950s are around 60-75 years old right now. They got some more life to live.

I met one while I was looking for a mentor in college. He was like 70 and was retired. He would volunteer locally just to add time. He was born and raised in Tennessee and originally wanted to become a pastor growing up. Before he graduated the KKK put a burning cross in his neighborhood so he decided to do whatever it took to escape his environment.

Ended up attending Texas southern (a historically black university) and ended up getting a law degree:salute: at their graduate school. My nigga bossed up in an era filled with racism and enjoyed nice life for like 50+ years.

Retired with 2 nice homes and a bunch of college educated kids.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Go watch the documentary AMEND narrated by Will Smith on Netflix. It is about 13th amendment! Amazing walaahi! I learnt Soooooooooooooo much

Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

People especially on this forum don’t realize how incredibly recent Jim Crow laws, and the civil rights era was. Literally many of our fathers were kids running around at school when AAs didn’t even have the right to vote in many Southern states, hence it’s incredible to witness Somalis on this forum question why AAs haven’t progressed at the level they’d expect. Even as recent as the 70s, whilst the laws made discrimination illegal by the 1968, attitudes towards madows was still an issue since it takes time for peoples views to shift, hence evilness like lynching, segregation ect was still an issue.

People need to understand that since 1630, black people in America were treated little more than animals and since their freedom in the 1850s, every chance of improvement was thwarted by American society via laws and violence. Even the Gangsta rap we associate with AAs was carefully released by record labels owned by non AAs and there is a clear hip hip to prison pipeline.

I have nothing but respect for what the AA community have endured and I’m at awe with the strength of those like Malcom X and others before him who put up the good fight. People don’t know but Malcolm’s X was also a freedom rights leader for his small community in the area he lived in America and was brutally murdered by white Americans for it. This is the legacy of the people you lot here put down. None of ancestors were treated this way and we can’t even begin to fathom the generational trauma of being tortured and abused for generations.

Trending