I was bullied for 2 years straight by

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Somalis. I became a vegan after college, I loved my life as a plant based xalimo. Enjoying my cuppaccinos with coconut cremes, chai latte with almond milk or soy milk, eating all the cashews and dried fruits I wanted as a snack. Baking vegan desserts on weekends, well all that changed when Somalis who knew me discovered I was a vegan. Soon the news spread like wild fire, to the point the waiters in Quruxlow thought I was some under cover health inspector when I would ask them to list me all the ingredients. My Hooyo grew tired of making me animal free meals, I soon discovered she would remove the meat from my plate and make it seem it was vegan, Hooyo there's still animal fat and products in the dish, it doesn't matter if you removed the big bits of meat!!!! I would yell until my face was met with a slap.
My Faraax would give me ultimatums either you eat chicken wings with me or I'm out, after giving him few punches here and there I would tell him to FOH.

Somali habaryars would whisper to each other when ever I would serve tea to them, who would marry her? What kind of bajaaq Somali man would compromise hilib Ari? Maybe gabadha is sick, hedhee take her to see a doctor, what normal human being would refuse to eat meat. Habo you need hilib! They would exclaim as I hand the saucers and cup of tea to them. I should have spit in their shahs I thought while smirking.

After two years of my family not inviting me to family dinners, I broke down, I became a pescetarian. I still enjoy my coconut creme cuppaccinos.

Were you ever bullied SSpot? Be honest.

i feel that most vegans come off as pretentious. there are some awesome ones out there though, that are very kind and fun to be around. :mjohreally:. how do you know if someone is vegan? they'll tell you. :mjlol:

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
Funny enough I met my bully a while back and let's just say there was a league between us. I didn't even feel anything since she looked tired of living, she must have been through a lot.

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
You shouldn't care what they think or how they view your life choices. Let them know it's a better diet choice for you.

Funny enough I met my bully a while back and let's just say there was a league between us. I didn't even feel anything since she looked tired of living, she must have been through a lot.
bullies themselves tend to have been bullied themselves at some point in their life. it makes sense. why would a happy individual find solace in inflicting trauma.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
bullies themselves tend to have been bullied themselves at some point in their life. it makes sense. why would a happy individual find solace in inflicting trauma.
There are moments you get nostalgic about periods in your life and you just remember that one person or incident that soils the whole experience for you. I have those thoughts sometimes and I wish I defended myself better.

I can't imagine myself never eating meat but I find dairy products disgusting and could easily go without ever consuming them again

*oomalis would bully vegans, I get mocked occasionally for putting an extra helping of salad on my baris iyo basto at family dinners :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts