If Somalia was never united, which region would be wealthiest and peaceful?

If there was just 3 regions (for simplicity). Puntland, Somaliland and South Somalia (beginning from Galmudug to the capital Mogadishu and all the way to lower jubba).

In 2020 which would be wealthiest and peaceful?

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
It’s very hard to say but if I’m unbiased I’d say south Somalia it has the biggest city in SomaliWeyne aka Xamar.

Most people on here will be biased and say their region is the Best But I’m an objective person

The galbeed or Galmudug since the fishing.

giphy.gif

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
I would say somaliland followed by south somalia followed by puntland.

sl is 1 because of it’s strategic location and it’s ports. South somalia because they are the largest region and have an abundance of natural resources.

even though i put pl as last, this region will be nr1 in living standards because of its small population, and unity in business.

I don’t believe in a permanent list of hierarchy, every region has the potential of out performing others.

Nafiso Qalanjo

𝖂𝖊'𝖗𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖆𝖗 𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞!
Probably the south since it has more fertile land, and two running rivers. Also the barrels of oil that we are currently disputing kenya with would probably help a lot with the south's wealth a well.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
It’s very hard to say but if I’m unbiased I’d say south Somalia it has the biggest city in SomaliWeyne aka Xamar.

Most people on here will be biased and say their region is the Best But I’m an objective person

Xamar is the largest city in Somaliweyn because it became the political center of the country. It does not actually have an intrinsic advantage over a place like Kismayo or Hargeisa. Without a unified Somalia, Xamar would be a large city but it would lack the agglomeration economies it enjoys today. If the Italians had chosen Merca, it would be the largest city in Somaliweyn today.

Jubaland has the most potential because of the fertile farmlands. It's unfortunate that this area is the hotbed of the AS insurgents and is now stuck in a never ending war and Amisom troops.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Sanaag since it has the most livable climate once you go up in elevation.

Jubbaland 2nd because of it's river that would make transportation easier hopefully and it's resources. It's also a lot more mixed when it comes to the major tribes. Xamar might have a lot of diversity but it's mostly smaller clans with HAG dominating.

Somaliland third because of their proximity to Dire Dawe the main vein of Ethiopia.

No one sane would invest in Xamar.

Jubaland was its own kingdom before the British handed it over to Italy and just left after taking south jubaland aka NFD

why would you include jubaland with xamar and separate the Puntland ?

Italians took Puntland and xamar. Jubaland was handed by the British after they could not successfully put down Ogadenwars against them.

learn more dude. And @Ras jubaland is not the most diverse. It’s the two jubas which are Ogaden majorty 95% and gedo shared with Ogadens and marehan

why do you make it out as if every little langab loves there and had seats since 1960?

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Jubaland was its own kingdom before the British handed it over to Italy and just left after taking south jubaland aka NFD

why would you include jubaland with xamar and separate the Puntland ?

Italians took Puntland and xamar. Jubaland was handed by the British after they could not successfully put down Ogadenwars against them.

learn more dude. And @Ras jubaland is not the most diverse. It’s the two jubas which are Ogaden majorty 95% and gedo shared with Ogadens and marehan

why do you make it out as if every little langab loves there and had seats since 1960?

Read my my post. I said it's diverse in terms of large clans. MJ, Absame & MX all hold influence there.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
If land was divided up in that way there would be civil war in the south. Rx Darood and Hawiye wouldnt be able to share one state. It’s precisely because these clans try robbing eachother that there is more conflict south then north.

As usual it would be between SL and PL.
Read my my post. I said it's diverse in terms of large clans. MJ, Absame & MX all hold influence there.
That’s technically one clan. Two seperate clans politically even then Mx will be forced into submission eventually unless they make a one gobol precedent with some Hawiye area or join KG.

Puntland with SSC doesnt become “diverse”. This isnt Hirshabelle where every major city is a former Jareèrweyn farm town :icon lol:

Xamar is the largest city in Somaliweyn because it became the political center of the country. It does not actually have an intrinsic advantage over a place like Kismayo or Hargeisa. Without a unified Somalia, Xamar would be a large city but it would lack the agglomeration economies it enjoys today. If the Italians had chosen Merca, it would be the largest city in Somaliweyn today.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Do u actually believe u self?? I legit thought u were one of the few intelligent members here in SP but I guess cuqdad can not be cured. xamar was and will forever be the largest Somali city. It has nothing to do with location. Instead Its the natives. Hargeisa’s been very safe for last 20+ years yet u will rarely see non isaaqs/dir in hargeisa. Same thing in dijbooty. No sane non MJ darod would invest in garowe village let alone other Somalis.

U need to quit rewriting history and down playing the first Somali clan that put the Somali race on the global map.

Is jubbuland that important?

Yep, it has the longest permanent river which passes all her 3 regions (about 300km), highest recorded rainfalls in Somalia, most fertile land are in her 3 regions, 600 km of rich coastline, islands and so on.

This is why it has always been the main centre of all Somali conflicts + every clan you can think of lives there.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Diaspora ambassador I think PL would've of been the richest as they focused on high-end value products like fishey/livestock, where-as the south wud of been like ethiopia too many people over 70000 SQ agricultural space. 88 million produce 40 billion farming products , so if the south were, 6 million 40% of GDP like they are now, that's 6 million producing 1.4 billion dollar produce per 6 million people lol.

If u divide that up that's $233 dollars a year per person. If u measure it monthly/weekly/daily that is $19 a month, $4.75 a week, that's 67 cents a day. They would've produced 67 cents a day per vegetable, that's literally not even an 'banana' per person lol.

That's why the farmer pool were the poorest when Somalis united due to 'nomadic pool having stronger purchasing power per family and thus per person' had a higher purchasing value with livestock/fishery occupations which Majerten are notoriously had and still has a 'large' ratio of.

PL being 2.5 million nomadic right now still enjoy 25 camels/200 goats/sheep ratio for it's poorest family of 6. That means 2 goats is all a single farmer produces. Where-as nomad by person has 33 goats/sheep and that's their lowest purchasing power not their 'average' at all.

The wealth difference is stark if u calculate it. $233 a year for farmer where a nomad it's 33 goats/sheep a year that's $3.3k just in goats/sheep and if u include camels it's $25k. Fishery sector would be lesser then the livestock community depending on yield but on per family basis it wouldn't be their is such smaller pool of fisherman only in comparison but their final product is far more expensive then farmer.

That's why I get sad when I see Somalis thinking farming is going to make them rich, it shows they simply are still in agrarian third world mind, the reason you are poor is due to farming, it's low value product and you have way to much workers involved in such a petty industry, same goes for any factory focused on food stuff, these two are the lowest earning sectors in an industry.

Farming in PL will make u rich as long as u close out the 'south n ddsi' and self produce, due to the 'scarcity' of farmland will make your produce sell expensive, but the south has 70,000 SQ KM and since it's not 'scarce' anymore you will have an oversupply of producers and this will bring prices crashing down due to the 'derivative' valuing system being applied.

Trending