Incoming Trump administration will recognise Somaliland

The most influential conservative think tank Heritage just published its blueprint for the incoming Trump administration in 900 pages. One of the major policy changes in Africa is the recognition of Somaliland:

GQTeajVWIAEh70F.jpg

GQTebTAXIAIe42b.jpg

Avalanche

Guul iyo Gobanimo
VIP
The US African-policy is something that does not change regardless of the president. I have a hard time seeing this happen, especially after the whole MoU fiasco

Pastoralist

Dhib marku wah nokdo, Isku tiirsada
VIP
“At bare minimum. Next administration should”

It’s not happening. And anyways, as soon as 2026 rolls around, party is over. The case against Bihi at ICC will be moved forward if bihi doesn’t comply with FGS.

Weren’t you pro Somalia like two months ago? Anyway you can only force people into your clan state for so long until they eventually push back.
That wasn't my real intention. I have always been pro Somaliland and always will be. The only reason why some of them want to succeed from Somaliland is because of the ridiculous mou deal which is understandable but we know it won't go through due to Ethiopia being currently unstable and wouldn't risk going into war. Inshallah it ends soon and we reconcile with the Samaroons. But for the Awdal region to actually succeed from Somaliland is laughable.

“At bare minimum. Next administration should”

It’s not happening. And anyways, as soon as 2026 rolls around, party is over. The case against Bihi at ICC will be moved forward if bihi doesn’t comply with FGS.
How legitimate do you think think the ICC case is? I’m not believing it until I see it to be honest.

Pastoralist

Dhib marku wah nokdo, Isku tiirsada
VIP
How legitimate do you think think the ICC case is? I’m not believing it until I see it to be honest.
We’re not a member of the ICC yet which is why no action has been taken yet, but as soon as Somalia joins they can move forward with it. I don’t see the current FGS joining.

does anyone know the reasonings heritage is pushing this? I have a hard time believing they really think this is in US interests. it just be lobbying but not sure exactly by whom…i also have hard time bihi and his crew are this sophisticated to manage to lobby big think tanks in the US to do something detrimental to US interests.

Ya that will most likely be only Isaaq territories. Khatumo is long gone. Inshallah Awdal leaves next.
khatumo will become the new Somaliland looking for recognition to become a state in Somalia for decades lol. We'll call them Somalilandiid's seperatists. Or they might flip flop back to Somaliland cuz the money is right.

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
Kulahaa “just published”.

They’ve been calling for SL recognition since 2009 and no president has listened to them.

Why would Trump listen to them now?

323427B4-05F4-4362-9FB5-0194088E28C5.jpeg

Wallahi the desperation is crazy.

:dead: