Is there a single somali in the world that is full sub saharan or is every somali "mixed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
And no ethnic Somali is mixed unless u count thousands of years ago as a mix

Alluring

Sayonara
1. Somalis aren’t mixed or at least aren’t recently mixed

2. Somalia & somalis are not seperate from sub saharan Africa. The people and the country are indigenous to the region.

Everyone, unless they’re extremely inbred is mixed to a certain extent. The definition of race changes from generation to generation. For example, a white American of Irish, English, and Polish descent with no non European admixture maybe considered pure in some people in the USA. But in Europe, especially before the 1960s, he would considered mixed. Even now, the English see Irish and Scottish as different races. Irish( Celtic), English ( Anglo-Saxon) , Scottish ( Gaelic) are technically different groups.

Somalis are the own race, to me. Small noses isn’t an elusively phenotype to whites. Only Anglo-Saxon whites have those noses. If Somalis are mixed with Arab, then why aren’t they hairy ? Having a small skeletal structure isn’t a common trait with Middle Easterners either. Technically, Middle Easterners are Asian, West Asian to be exact. I do believe Somalis have an common ancestor, though.

Boogie

Somalis are the own race, to me. Small noses isn’t an elusively phenotype to whites. Only Anglo-Saxon whites have those noses. If Somalis are mixed with Arab, then why aren’t they hairy ? Having a small skeletal structure isn’t a common trait with Middle Easterners either. Technically, Middle Easterners are Asian, West Asian to be exact. I do believe Somalis have an common ancestor, though.
I mean I agree we have so much different skin and hair textures

I think Somalis look different from other sub Saharan Africans, besides other Cushitic groups like the Afar , but we also look different from bi-racial maadows. It’s not just the nose
Differences:
Somalis are softer features than caadans and blacks. They have a larger jawline.
Bantus have very big puffy checks. Certain types of whites do it
Our skeletal structure is a lot smaller than most ajnabis
Somalis are typically lighter than Bantus and have a reddish pigment to our skin. Bantus, except the Fulani ( who are related to Berbers and Somalis) have a more solid brown color.

Boogie

I think Somalis look different from other sub Saharan Africans, besides other Cushitic groups like the Afar , but we also look different from bi-racial maadows. It’s not just the nose
Differences:
Somalis are softer features than caadans and blacks. They have a larger jawline.
Bantus have very big puffy checks. Certain types of whites do it
Our skeletal structure is a lot smaller than most ajnabis
Somalis are typically lighter than Bantus and have a reddish pigment to our skin. Bantus, except the Fulani ( who are related to Berbers and Somalis) have a more solid brown color.
Yea I always get asked if I am biracial between Indian and black I hate it

my dad is hairy
and i have hairy arms and legs

hair isnt exclusive to arabs

The other major difference between Somalis/Cushitic people have between other Sub Saharan Africans is the lack of prognathism. Subnasal prognathism: Africans tend to have maxillae that project more anteriorly (prognathic) below the nose, Europeans tend to be less projecting. Saharan Africans is the lack of Subnasal prognathism: Africans tend to have maxillae that project more anteriorly (prognathic) below the nose, Europeans tend to be less projecting.
Nina Simone:
AF17DBA8-7A07-4CF0-9F35-171C4FB8CD9B.jpeg

My face : ( Yes, I have a very flat face)
57C3F75C-447A-4506-B365-6702D38E2199.jpeg

Boogie

The other major difference between Somalis/Cushitic people have between other Sub Saharan Africans is the lack of prognathism. Subnasal prognathism: Africans tend to have maxillae that project more anteriorly (prognathic) below the nose, Europeans tend to be less projecting. Saharan Africans is the lack of Subnasal prognathism: Africans tend to have maxillae that project more anteriorly (prognathic) below the nose, Europeans tend to be less projecting.
Nina Simone: View attachment 162832
My face : ( Yes, I have a very flat face) View attachment 162834
Dry environment adaptation for thousands of years is why for us we dont have that

Yea I always get asked if I am biracial between Indian and black I hate it
I get half Asian. My boyfriend thinks Somalis look quasi Asian, but taller. He couldn’t fathom Mexicans and Asians looking alike though.
One person told me I look Mongolian????? I stopped wearing parkas in winter because I got sick of being mistaken as an actual Inuit ?? A customer asked me that at one of my old jobs. She was a caadan lady from Alaska! Also, Jamaican???? And Arab ALL.THE.TIME.

Status
Not open for further replies.