Is this Dambi? Should I say No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Ive a best friend who I've known since 1st grade. We went to elementary, middle and high school together. She went to college in California. She got engaged and is pregnant. Her fiancé and her called me last night and announced that they chose me to be a Godmother. They told me to think over it and they would love if I fulfilled their wish and request.

For those of you who don't know what Godparent is a person who presents a child at baptism and responds on the child's behalf, promising to take responsibility for the child's religious education.

She was raised Catholic but she's not that religious.

Help a sister out guys.

I've to be in that child's life forever.

Gibiin-Udug

Godmother astaqfurulah

Tell her there is only one God

Lol

They want someone to be in the child's life if something happens to the parents. If they want to go on a vacation they will send the child to me. I have to be in every occasion in that child's life.

A sista ain't ready for that responsibility yet!

Lol

They want someone to be in the child's life if something happens to the parents. If they want to go on a vacation they will send the child to me. I have to be in every occasion in that child's life.

A sista ain't ready for that responsibility yet!

You just answered your own question lol

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
she obviously doesn't give a f*ck about your faith if she's willing to put you through that, fam

i have no issues with being the secondary guardian to one of their kids should they pass away (because i wanna be that loaded cool uncle to all my nieces and nephews one day anyway), but as for me partaking in their rituals? would they legit make the pilgrimage with me? of course not.

and my first and only entry into the concept of godparents was harry potter. i thought your role only existed once the parents were gone. but i come to realize the legality of childrearing is far more complicated than silly wizards and their shaydaamo practices.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Just politely say you are happy to be involved in their kids life but the baptising ritual is not for a Muslim. If she's a good friend she'll understand

Gibiin-Udug

Guys they are not religious, they won't even baptize the kid. She's still pregnant.

I wrote down the definition of a Godparent.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Your definition involves baptism doe. If they're not doing that part, what is your role exactly?

Gibiin-Udug

Taking care of the kid if something happens to them.
Being there for birthdays, graduation, wedding.
And I'm guessing being a financial support. They've also selected his cousin as a godfather. The cousin's parents are loaded.

Yes of course it is dambi and the title itself is inappropriate. If all they need is a distant aunt for the kid and you do I dont think that is bad but just make sure not to be called Godmother. That word is off limits for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts