Is this statement true or false? And why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Is this true or false ? Some guy is accusing SS that the forum has agenda of degrading Somali people and their culture by posting the worst links about them. Do you agree with him or not? Please guys let us be honest here. How can we improve our image?

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Well what can we do ? Should we censor everyone on here who posts their opnions ? oghrapic images or videos should be banned I don't know why people are getting away with posting lewd disgusting threads.

We have a few bad apples, but overall this is the only Somali forum where half or even more of it's users have a good understanding of their identity and are into soomaalinimo/nationalism despite growing up in the West. It's really hard to find ppl like that in real life...most of my Somali friends don't know anything about what we discuss here or don't really care. This is the only place I can interact with like-minded young Somalis. Where'd you find this rant btw? Can u post the link?

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I think some parts of is true. The constant female bashing on this site has to end. Calling women especially Somali women terms like ,hoe is common and even excepted and nothing is done about it.

Female members are harrassed. apparently being told you're gonna get sold into prostituion and raped are acceptable things to tell female sspot members. Being told you have "good dick sucking lips" is also fine.

I don't agree with everything, some of them focus too much on the atheist/agnostic/secular side of Sspot but I do believe some changes need to be made asap. There should a policy concerning sexual harassment and also certain lingo should not be tolerated.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
We have a few bad apples, but overall this is the only Somali forum where half or even more of it's users have a good understanding of their identity and are into soomaalinimo/nationalism despite growing up in the West. It's really hard to find ppl like that in real life...most of my Somali friends don't know anything about what we discuss here or don't really care. This is the only place I can interact with like-minded young Somalis. Where'd you find this rant btw? Can u post the link?

it was on somnet. dude went ham after the SC handle was posted here a few weeks back.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
it looks so dull

like the median age feels like it's somewhere in the early 40s on that site

it looks so dull

like the median age feels like it's somewhere in the early 40s on that site

Lol I know. I go there to learn about Somali politics, clans, culture and history from the oldies, and then I come here to discuss the issues us youngins have in the West that those oldies wouldn't really understand. So both sites have their place.

https://www.somnet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=378596&sid=569fd793ee9efcfc573f20d8066230b0

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
i also wanna bring this up: who is actually anti-black here either? any and all people who have issues with the black label refuse to accept it as a reality. meaning there is no black to be against as the conceptualization of race disgusts them entirely. that's it. they don't view the AA's in any capacity as inferior, and actually want to give them a sense of ethnic identity to ditch the oppressive label they currently still have attached. like even in their discourse they are championing minority rights and pride.

i don't wanna see my niggas geeljire (RIP prince) and paragon being slighted like that just because they counter the race categorization argument. they have been utterly respectful in their discourse and simply refuse to supplant ethnic identity with racial ones. and they are also ironically the few here that adamantly respect the African and understand its importance to some degree or another. that nigga from somnet probably misconstrued everything they said because that thread popped up suspiciously after the discussion we had in the are you black thread.

nah f*ck this asshole. we have some impressively intelligent young bucks like discontinuous and geeljire.

fuckers like that are why we are never gonna have a somali academy award winner or a somali comedian/social commentator of the likes of other ethnic groups. he wanna keep us down to the ground fam.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
i also wanna bring this up: who is actually anti-black here either? any and all people who have issues with the black label refuse to accept it as a reality. meaning there is no black to be against as the conceptualization of race disgusts them entirely. that's it. they don't view the AA's in any capacity as inferior, and actually want to give them a sense of ethnic identity to ditch the oppressive label they currently still have attached. like even in their discourse they are championing minority rights and pride.

i don't wanna see my niggas geeljire (RIP prince) and paragon being slighted like that just because they counter the race categorization argument. they have been utterly respectful in their discourse and simply refuse to supplant ethnic identity with racial ones. and they are also ironically the few here that adamantly respect the African and understand its importance to some degree or another. that nigga from somnet probably misconstrued everything they said because that thread popped up suspiciously after the discussion we had in the are you black thread.

nah f*ck this asshole. we have some impressively intelligent young bucks like discontinuous and geeljire.
Geeljire's banned and I'm not sure he's coming back.
:francis:

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
To be honest somnet is much worse. It is fadhi ku Dirir place were qabyaalad rules.
Wasn't that was back in day, I thought the mods these days were clamping down hard on that shit which kind of killed the site as it had become fadhi ku dirir central by that time and also the shitty UI didn't help.
:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts