It feels so annoying when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somali Scripts

220px-kaddarecon-gif.3241

1. The Kaddare alphabet is a writing script created to transcribe Somali, an Afro-Asiatic language.

220px-borama-script-gif.3242

2. The Borama alphabet is a writing script for the Somali language. It was devised around 1933 by Sheikh Abdurahman Sheikh Nuur.

220px-ciismaniya-jpg.3243

3. The Osmanya alphabet, also known as Far Soomaali and, in Arabic, as al-kitābah al-ʿuthmānīyah, is a writing script created to transcribe the Somali language.

220px-somali_stone-jpg.3244

4. Wadaad writing, also known as wadaad Arabic, is the traditional Somali adaptation of written Arabic.

Somali Scripts

1. The Kaddare alphabet is a writing script created to transcribe Somali, an Afro-Asiatic language.

2. The Borama alphabet is a writing script for the Somali language. It was devised around 1933 by Sheikh Abdurahman Sheikh Nuur.

3. The Osmanya alphabet, also known as Far Soomaali and, in Arabic, as al-kitābah al-ʿuthmānīyah, is a writing script created to transcribe the Somali language.

4. Wadaad writing, also known as wadaad Arabic, is the traditional Somali adaptation of written Arabic.
Kaddare, Osmaniya and Borama scripts were authentic Somali script that could've been applied. Waddad gets a f*ck no

Somali Scripts

wow this is very interesting.:ohhh:
I think it will be best if we change it. Changing it to latin alphabets was a big mistake. I think it is too late to change it.:ohlord:

Somali Scripts

Do you wonder where did they get the alphabets from in the osmanya,borama, and kaddare aplphabets?:browtf:

Stop bootyclapping @somebody
Warya Johnson @somebody doesn't bootyclap for any one .:ufdup:
I get a big headache when I try to read a big paragraph in Somali.:lebronwtf:
I just imagined if Arabic alphabets were used instead of Latin ones and realised it will be easier.:mjdontkno:
I was not trying to say that we should follow the Arabs . I am not a fan of them.
But then i will happily replace these letters if we had our own letters like borama or osmanya.
So no need to be quick in judging. I dont bootyclap for anyone buddy.:obamaswag:

Apollo

VIP
The Arabic script has big issues with vowels.
Illiteracy is still high in Arab world, even in the rich Arab countries. The script is messed up.

The Latin script is the best in the world.

The Arabic script has big issues with vowels.
Illiteracy is still high in Arab world, even in the rich Arab countries. The script is messed up.

The Latin script is the best in the world.
I don't think it suits the Somali language . we should have our own letters. Latin letters are for the European languages. Not for the africans.

Status
Not open for further replies.