It has been revealed that well 2 do people back home are compassionless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
the well respected Sheikh that is part of the drought committee just gave an interview to the BBC. He revealed that the business tycoons of Mogadishu have only gave $10k while the government have contributed as little as can be expected of...He also said that Somali candidates donated during the elections but have disappeared now.. them. He also revealed that Somali businessmen in South Sudan gave $100k:faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf:

but the biggest recognition went to SOMALIS IN EUROPE AND NORTH AMERICA...he said their donations have been like a governing state. Very steady donations and very compassionate.

but the biggest recognition went to SOMALIS IN EUROPE AND NORTH AMERICA...he said their donations have been like a governing state. Very steady donations and very compassionate.

Well of course it's steady. They have the means, so they should give. When you have peace, three square meals, education and jobs, you can easily afford to send few bucks here and there. Somalia's economy existence almost solely remittances. Take that away and they'd be mass starvation even in good times.

false, if anything we need to keep them out of power positions. you must have lived in Somalia for last 20 years to hold gov position.
I mean something like this. http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/02/palestinians-create-political-entity-170226181036908.html

I agree diaspora taxi drivers have been horrible for the country thats why we need to take a more active role in steering the country in the right direction. But that would mean taking a non partisan approach and relinquishing alliegances to clan states

I think it's an interesting analysis but I am curious to know if indeed "Somali born business owners have no naxariis" , what would be the cause of that. If I had to guess it would be because they suffered in Somalia during the war and were able to make something of themselves and have consistently seen war, famine, hunger, death their entire lives. They probably have been helping their extended family/qabiil for years. The somali diaspora may send a few dollars every month to people back home but they do not witness war and famine everyday, they only hear of it when it is sensationalized by the western media. For a declaration of famine form the UN, there has to be a death rate that exceed two deaths per 10,000 people and 30% of children have to experience acute malnutrition. By the time the UN starts calling global attention to famine, the people they predict to be dying form the famine have already died. Could it be that its easier to appear more "naxariis" and helpful if you only have to help out the odd occasion the west notices a famine in Somalia, compared to Somalis who live there everyday and have to help out everyday.

I think the diaspora somalis need to some congratulating themselves, need to stop stealing jobs from the locals and actually benefit the country rather than go their with the intention to continue exploiting our people.

Last edited:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I think it's an interesting analysis but I am curious to know if indeed "Somali born business owners have no naxariis" , what would be the cause of that. If I had to guess it would be because they suffered in Somalia during the war and were able to make something of themselves and have consistently seen war, famine, hunger, death their entire lives. They probably have been helping their extended family/qabiil for years. The somali diaspora may send a few dollars every month to people back home but they witness war and famine everyday, they only hear of it when it is sensationalized by the western media. For a declaration of famine form the UN, there has to be a death rate that exceed two deaths per 10,000 people and 30% of children have to experience acute malnutrition. By the time the UN starts calling global attention to famine, the people they predict to be dying form the famine have already died. Could it be that its easier to appear more "naxariis" and helpful if you only have to help out the odd occasion the west notices a famine in Somalia, compared to Somalis who live there everyday and have to help out everyday.

I think the diaspora somalis need to some congratulating themselves, need to stop stealing jobs from the locals and actually benefit the country rather than go their with the intention to continue exploiting our people.

I can actually tell you the reason for their lack of Naxariis. Each time I go back home, in the first 2 weeks I am giving huge money to the beggars, unheard of amount like $1. Then once the 2 weeks pass your naxariis is replaced by indifference. Your eyes by now have seen the most tragic shit ever, a crippled person laying on the ground begging and an elderly blind person knocking on your car window begging. Around this time you give up and tell yourself this is beyond me. I am not a government and it is not my duty. You even laugh at yourself for being such a bleeding heart at the beginning of your stay. This is the bleeding heart that is the Western Somalis.

Exactly. It's a matter of be desensitized. They aren't cold hearted but they deal with this everyday while Somalis in the west pat themselves on the back for raising money once every five years.
I can actually tell you the reason for their lack of Naxariis. Each time I go back home, in the first 2 weeks I am giving huge money to the beggars, unheard of amount like $1. Then once the 2 weeks pass your naxariis is replaced by indifference. Your eyes by now have seen the most tragic shit ever, a crippled person laying on the ground begging and an elderly blind person knocking on your car window begging. Around this time you give up and tell yourself this is beyond me. I am not a government and it is not my duty. You even laugh at yourself for being such a bleeding heart at the beginning of your stay. This is the bleeding heart that is the Western Somalis.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Exactly. It's a matter of be desensitized. They aren't cold hearted but they deal with this everyday while Somalis in the west pat themselves on the back for raising money once every five years.

Its the affect of the Cadaan guilty conscious. Havent you seen cadaans going the extra yard to help madoows just so they can redeem the sins of their forefathers. Here we have Somalis in the West who feel like that they are the lucky ones, they are full and they want to feel good by sending $10 into that gofundme from the comfort of their home.

I actually haven't seen cadaans go the extra yard to help people, most of the fake charities they do is counterproductive. And if Somalis in the West really wanted to help, they can start by not stealing jobs from their people.
Its the affect of the Cadaan guilty conscious. Havent you seen cadaans going the extra yard to help madoows just so they can redeem the sins of their forefathers. Here we have Somalis in the West who feel like that they are the lucky ones, they are full and they want to feel good by sending $10 into that gofundme from the comfort of their home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts