Italian centralisation

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
By the time of the French revolution, only 1/3 of the population spoke French. Everyone else spoke their own language, the biggest being the south which spoke occtian. Which sounds closer to Spanish than modern French.

But the Nationalist government that took power after the fall of the monarchy systematically erased these regional identities and languages. Replacing them with Parisian French and such.

Europeans went through a period of consolidation in tbe 1800s and some in the early 1900s. Where they centralised and industrialised their countries, but also erased any distinct identity.

7d82492cea31-carte-aires-dialectales-France.jpg

Khaemwaset

VIP
A standardised somali should be made with an standardise spelling and grammar
Wasn't it standardised by Barre in 1972, which was based on the northern dialect. At the same time picked latin script for Somali. Before Barre Somalia used Italian in things like the constitution. Latin script was a big mistake imo

Screenshot_20240826_043700_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240826_043725_Chrome.jpg

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
VIP
By the time of the French revolution, only 1/3 of the population spoke French. Everyone else spoke their own language, the biggest being the south which spoke occtian. Which sounds closer to Spanish than modern French.

But the Nationalist government that took power after the fall of the monarchy systematically erased these regional identities and languages. Replacing them with Parisian French and such.

Europeans went through a period of consolidation in tbe 1800s and some in the early 1900s. Where they centralised and industrialised their countries, but also erased any distinct identity.

View attachment 340387
You learn something new everyday, Thanks. Napoleon fixed his country. Somalia dosent really suffer from this though, Aside from af maaymaay, Was watching a facebook video on this site the other day couldnt understand probably 60% of what they said.

Also another thing to note, Europe did this but if another country tried doing the same. Foreigners would come after screaming about minorities. We could use a better government, a proper education system, a proper script and language. But why have that, when you can argue about Aid Money all day

Latin script was a big mistake imo
I disagree with that. The Latin script helps people easily learn many other languages, such as English, French, and Spanish. The Latin script is also a barrier against the Ana arabs. Imagine if we had an Arabic script instead; the whole population might have unironically thought they were Arabs.

I also don't think the Osmanya script would have been a good solution. While it would have been an original Somali script, I believe it came too late. If the Osmanya script had a history extending 500 to 1,000 years back, then maybe. But it was created in the 1920s.

Khaemwaset

VIP
I disagree with that. The Latin script helps people easily learn many other languages, such as English, French, and Spanish. The Latin script is also a barrier against the Ana arabs. Imagine if we had an Arabic script instead; the whole population might have unironically thought they were Arabs.

I also don't think the Osmanya script would have been a good solution. While it would have been an original Somali script, I believe it came too late. If the Osmanya script had a history extending 500 to 1,000 years back, then maybe. But it was created in the 1920s.
Why do we need to change our language so we can "easily" learn European ones? Who cares about English or French.
Af-Somali is the language of Somalis nothing else

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
These people can unite themselves when they speak literal other languages and we cant even unite ourselves over clans :russ: