K’naan charged with sexual assault in Canada

Incident was in 2010. In no way do I blame victims or excsue him if this is true, but why is it with all these cases against the famous, the victims report it always after 5-10 years ? Knaan isn’t part of a Mafia that can silence you too.

Not the breh man
francis.png

This still get's play by me.

Free da guys!! - If this brother is truly innocent.

If it comes out the chick is lying she should be forced to do whatever time they would have given him.

So our famous laamo caato luugo has got himself into trouble huh.

A part if me doesn’t want to believe it since K’naan just looks too miskeen and harmless, but there also seems to be a huge link between fame, entitlement and men thinking they deserve access to every woman. 2010 was also when he was very famous and on a high. It was also around that time period he divorced his wife. He probably wanted to explore his new ‘options’.

Let’s see what more info comes out.

So our famous laamo caato luugo has got himself into trouble huh.

A part if me doesn’t want to believe it since K’naan just looks too miskeen and harmless, but there also seems to be a huge link between fame, entitlement and men thinking they deserve access to every woman. 2010 was also when he was very famous and on a high. It was also around that time period he divorced his wife. He probably wanted to explore his new ‘options’.

Let’s see what more info comes out.
Knaan has been rapping since the 90s he started buzzing in the mid 2000s he shot this video in Toronto around that time

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

but yeah he become international around 2008-2009

Knaan has been rapping since the 90s he started buzzing in the mid 2000s but yeah he become international around 2008-2009
I remember him since soo baax days, but he wasn’t that famous at all and that was around 2005. He become famous in 2009 times. Thats when he was everywhere and that’s when he conveniently got a divorce lol.

Luugo baasto tasted fame although tbh you never know what has happened behind closed doors, it could have been a myriad of reasons but what’s obvious is that fame does cause friction in a relationship.

AbdiFreedom

Zookeeper
Staff Member
It allegedly happened inside a hotel room, not at the concert. He's also demanding his trial be held in English; why not accept translation? I suspect it's because people say Frenchies are xenophobic.

He actually didn't sing about being a refugee much, he sang about his homeland a lot and other times he fused afro-carribbean sounds with Somali and Ethiopian sounds. Others were poetic messaging.

There is a few songs he made that was literal translations of Somali children's songs and folk songs. The chorus in ABC is literally a children song my mom heard a lot growing up in Somalia, she told me after first hearing it.

But yeah you can tell from the very start that , he did not seek fame and but sought music as an outlet for his artistic self expression. When people pressured him into celebrityhood and he caved , he retired soon after feeling that he betrayed himself and moved away from the limelight.

Before all of that K'naan was content with the niche audience he had built up and the local venues he used to perform in. He certainly wasn't a social justice activist.

Last edited:

Trending