K’naan charged with sexual assault in Canada

Jungle

VIP
So our famous laamo caato luugo has got himself into trouble huh.

A part if me doesn’t want to believe it since K’naan just looks too miskeen and harmless, but there also seems to be a huge link between fame, entitlement and men thinking they deserve access to every woman. 2010 was also when he was very famous and on a high. It was also around that time period he divorced his wife. He probably wanted to explore his new ‘options’.

Let’s see what more info comes out.
What farax hurt you bisinka

What farax hurt you bisinka
Nothing.

He does have skinny twiggy legs and since he looks frail my first thought was nah, he couldn’t have until I remembered looks can be deceiving.

Plus, he’s part of the music industry and I don’t trust any one of them as far as one can throw them. The industry is devilish.

Last edited:
He actually didn't sing about being a refugee much, he sang about his homeland a lot and other times he fused afro-carribbean sounds with Somali and Ethiopian sounds. Others were poetic messaging.

There is a few songs he made that was literal translations of Somali children's songs and folk songs. The chorus in ABC is literally a children song my mom heard a lot growing up in Somalia, she told me after first hearing it.

But yeah you can tell from the very start that , he did not seek fame and but sought music as an outlet for his artistic self expression. When people pressured him into celebrityhood and he caved , he retired soon after feeling that he betrayed himself and moved away from the limelight.

Before all of that K'naan was content with the niche audience he had built up and the local venues he used to perform in. He certainly wasn't a social justice activist.

All of this really continues to prove that you pay a price for fame. Somalis should see him as a cautionary tale.

That's as much as i'm going to say about this news.

Jungle

VIP
Nothing.

He does have skinny twiggy legs and since he looks frail my first thought was nah, he couldn’t have until I remembered looks can be deceiving.

Plus, he’s part of the music industry and I don’t trust any one of them as far as one can throw them. The industry is devilish.
So cynical lol

AbdiFreedom

Zookeeper
Staff Member
It’s a lot more normalized in the Music industry.

I am also including male victims/survivors of sexual assault and violence as well. It occurred to me twice in public. I have seen it happen to others. I wouldn't be surprised if the prevalence in the music industry and in the general public is roughly the same. In the music industry, you'll have everyone who will want to sleep with you though. I don't agree when people ask why didn't they come forward then instead of now. People try to suppress these incidents but it becomes too overwhelming to continue to face. It weighs heavy on your mind. She could be lying though. It was at a hotel room.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
ShoI remember him since soo baax days, but he wasn’t that famous at all and that was around 2005. He become famous in 2009 times. Thats when he was everywhere and that’s when he conveniently got a divorce lol.

Luugo baasto tasted fame although tbh you never know what has happened behind closed doors, it could have been a myriad of reasons but what’s obvious is that fame does cause friction in a relationship.

OmG! You let out a fact about you

ileen waxaad tahay 42
Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

I am also including male victims/survivors of sexual assault and violence as well. It occurred to me twice in public. I have seen it happen to others. I wouldn't be surprised if the prevalence in the music industry and in the general public is roughly the same. In the music industry, you'll have everyone who will want to sleep with you though. I don't agree when people ask why didn't they come forward then instead of now. People try to suppress these incidents but it becomes too overwhelming to continue to face. It weighs heavy on your mind. She could be lying though. It was at a hotel room.
Sorry to hear this Walal. Its traumatizing for any victim, male or female

Trending