Let's dispense justice, your feed back needed. Court case back home has me feeling some type of way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
so 8 years ago a land was bought off of a needy family who their last possession was this land they inherited from their parents.

They sold it for $8k and after 8 years the land now is worth $89k.

This poor family now is saying that we were tricked and we want our land back.

Is it right that they should have it back bc they needed that cash then?

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
giphy.gif

Did you go into that bathroom though?

If they were 'tricked' into selling the land at a price less than the market value (at the time), then this is deceit and unIslamic. This would be very difficult to prove though; unless the family can provide evidence for their claims, they're not entitled to a refund.

In secular States however, this case is not an invitation to treat but clearly an offer... The family have decided to accept the offer so what's done is done.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
If they were 'tricked' into selling the land at a price less than the market value (at the time), then this is deceit and unIslamic. This would be very difficult to prove though; unless the family can provide evidence for their claims, they're not entitled to a refund.

In secular States however, this case is not an invitation to treat but clearly an offer... The family have decided to accept the offer so what's done is done.

From knowing our nomadic people I know they are using all excuses because they are tormented that they sold their land, it's basically a case of "sold'er's remorse"

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Its just bad luck on their part they sold it and The buyer cant predict The future and If Its been 8 years The land prize probably increased

My relatives buyed a land in hargeisa for 3k and now Its worth 29k weve had it for 10 yrs it usually pays off waiting to sell land

A grandparent of mine bought property and two decades later the woman who sold it to her claimed it was hers.

Very shady people Somalis are.

From knowing our nomadic people I know they are using all excuses because they are tormented that they sold their land, it's basically a case of "sold'er's remorse"
Yh true. It was just business tbh. At least they can learn the ropes from this experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.