Look what oil money can do! It was a shit-hole just a decade ago. Can Somaliland be like this if oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
What happens when advance nations move-on from oil based cars? What then? I hope these nations have a plan B for their future.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Somalia oil should stay in the ground.

it certainly would be a curse of biblical proportion. Now we fight with AK47s but im afraid we would make chemical weapons to wipe out a whole cities.

Even if Oil were to be discovered, it'll be too late by the time drilling begin. The world is moving on from reliance on oil. Half of the cars in the U.S are supposed to be electric in the next couple decades.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Even if Oil were to be discovered, it'll be too late by the time drilling begin. The world is moving on from reliance on oil. Half of the cars in the U.S are supposed to be electric in the next couple decades.

I assured you that oil will be in high demand for the next 50 years, one way or another. Maybe advanced nations might move on but third world will still need it.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I hope oil is found in Somalia. Imagine me drinking water from a diamond encrusted cup.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I hope oil is found in Somalia. Imagine me drinking water from a diamond encrusted cup.

I can't imagine you living in opulence from petro-dollars as we can all see your delusional pride and arrogance of a clan in an arid haraad invested land that's part of the over all hell-hole we call Somalia.

You'd be the type to hire and fire maids on a daily basis

It's too late even if Somalia does have oil.

Peak oil demand is nearing. It already peaked in Europe and consumption has been falling every year for 10 years now. There isn't even one European country that consumes as much oil as tiny Canada. Totally useless market to export oil to. The majority of EU oil imports are from Russia and Norway but they're using less oil every year.

North American energy independence will occur in 2020 and will produce more than it even needs a few years later. They don't need foreign oil.

China and India and other emerging countries are a different story but in the coming years everything that uses oil will become more energy efficient and oil demand will eventually start dropping there. In the mean time they will get their oil from countries that will sell it cheaper than Somalia like Iran and the Gulf and that too will soon decline.

The Gulf will end up looking like Yemen within our generation's lifetime. Their decline has just started.

Oil will always be needed of course but the situation is changing and so will it's value.

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
It's too late even if Somalia does have oil.

Peak oil demand is nearing. It already peaked in Europe and consumption has been falling every year for 10 years now. There isn't even one European country that consumes as much oil as tiny Canada. Totally useless market to export oil to. The majority of EU oil imports are from Russia and Norway but they're using less oil every year.

North American energy independence will occur in 2020 and will produce more than it even needs a few years later. They don't need foreign oil.

China and India and other emerging countries are a different story but in the coming years everything that uses oil will become more energy efficient and oil demand will eventually start dropping there. In the mean time they will get their oil from countries that will sell it cheaper than Somalia like Iran and the Gulf and that too will soon decline.

The Gulf will end up looking like Yemen within our generation's lifetime. Their decline has just started.

Oil will always be needed of course but the situation is changing and so will it's value.
They'll find gold and minerals like Eritrea. Hopefully they find the majority of that gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.